Monday, July 15, 2019

Morning by Morning, July 15 - Longing for My Heavenly Habitation
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You and listen for Your leading -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- as I begin my day passionately pursuing Your Abiding Presence. ...
 
"Therefore, we are not discouraged; rather, although our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to what is seen but to what is unseen for what is seen is transitory, but what is unseen is eternal. For we know that if our earthly dwelling, a tent, should be destroyed, we have a building from God, a dwelling not made with hands, eternal in heaven. For in this tent we groan, longing to be further clothed with our heavenly habitation if indeed, when we have taken it off, we shall not be found naked. For while we are in this tent we groan and are weighed down, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now the One who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a first installment" (2 Corinthians 4:16-5:5 NAB).
 
My Father, You renew me day by day, step by step, layer by layer. You're faithful to bring to completion the good work You've begun in me. And even when I feel weary or discouraged or weighed down, You use even that to remind me that You're not finished with me yet. You have something more, something greater, something I can't even begin to comprehend -- "an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison."
 
You've given me Your Sprit who bears witness with my spirit that there's more -- more than I can see right now, more than I can know right now, even more than I can bear right now. And it's Your very Spirt who is groaning within me for more, "longing to be further clothed with (my) heavenly habitation."
 
No wonder I can feel naked or lacking or less than I'm created to be -- some days more than others, despite every good and perfect gift You've already lavished upon me in all Your mercy and grace. But it's just an expression from the depths of "(my) inner self" that I am in the process of "being renewed day by day" into the image of Christ, with the heart of my Father, by the transforming power of Your Holy Spirit at work within me. 
 
You've "prepared (me) for this very thing." My step by step journey through this sliver of eternity here on this earth is Your plan to work this out in me for this very thing. Christ in me, the hope of glory -- the Abiding Presence of Christ in me, the nature and character of Christ being formed in me to display Your glory through my life surrendered to You as a holy, living sacrifice (Colossians 1:27; Romans 8:29 and 12:1; Isaiah 60:1-2).
 
So morning by morning, day by day, step by step, I surrender to You and Your plan for me. I yearn for Your Presence and lean into Your leading. I long for more -- more of You being formed in more of me, more of my heart becoming more of Your home, Your "heavenly habitation" here on earth, here in me, as it is in heaven. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you keep longing for your heavenly habitation as the Holy Spirit keeps groaning in you for more of all he has for you, both now and throughout all eternity, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Friends, it's good to be back with you on our journey of prayer after spending some time away these past two weeks on our family vacation. I pray you're having a great summer! Thank you for joining with me in this journey, morning by morning. It's good to be back in my "prayer chair" to share this part of my daily devotional time with you. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!