Thursday, August 01, 2019

Morning by Morning, August 1 - The Potter and the Clay
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. In worship and praise, I watch and wait for Your leading -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You are our potter; we are the work of Your hands" (Isaiah 64:8).
 
In the times when my world seems like it's spinning out of control, You remind me that I'm still spinning on Your Potter's wheel. In the times when I'm feeling like nothing more than a lump of clay, You remind me that I'm still being shaped into someone You're creating with Your very hands. 
 
The spinning is necessary for the shaping. And I'm not spinning out of control, I'm surrendering to Your complete control. "Just like the clay in the potter's hand, so (am I) in (Your) hand," my Father God (Jeremiah 18:6). 
 
I have to admit, I don't like the spinning. And sometimes the shaping is hard to bear. But I trust You to make something beautiful, something perfectly designed for it's purpose, something that brings great joy to You and will bring great fulfillment to me. May You delight in what You create with Your hands in my life "fit for its purpose" (Isaiah 54:16). "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago" (Ephesians 2:10 NLT).
 
You're the Potter and I'm Your clay. You're my Father and I'm Your son. Lord have Your way in me. In Your mercy and love, according to Your good plans, keep spinning me and shaping me in Your hands through every experience and encounter of my life -- morning by morning, moment by moment, turn by turn on Your Potter's wheel. One day when You're done, I know I'll love who I've become. "I am confident of this, that the One who began a good work (in me) will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ" -- You'll be faithful to complete it (Philippians 1:6). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you trust in the mercy and love of Your Father, who is shaping you and your life into something beautiful and perfectly designed to bring great joy to Him and great fulfillment to you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Many have suggested that I put these prayers that I write and send out from my morning devotional time each day into a book. Great idea! If you'd like to order one where we've collected one year's worth of devotionals into two different editions, you can order either the first edition (from the earlier years) or the second edition (from more recent years) of Morning by Morningthrough Amazon. Thank you for your encouragement and God bless you in your daily journey of prayer!

 




 



My Latest Book!
My Friend, I'm excited we've recently published an updated version to my book Free to Be Like Jesus! -- Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance endorsed by Max Lucado, Andy Reese, and Randy Clark.

  

   
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!