Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Morning by Morning, August 21 - Dust into Mud into Me!
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let me hear Your voice and be led by Your Spirit, as I begin my day centered and grounded in You and Your Word -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"For He knows how we are made; he remembers we are dust."
 
You know all my fears and failures, all my insecurities and insensibilities, all my sins and selfishness. You see me and You know all about me. And yet, You love me. You remember that I am dust, but You also remind me that I'm Your dust.
 
You keep gathering me up in Your hands and soaking me in Your living waters until my dust becomes Your mud in Your hands. You keep taking me on the turns around Your potter's wheel, applying just the right pressure I need to be shaped into the one You've created me to be. "In Christ (I) also have obtained an inheritance, having been destined according to the purpose of Him who accomplishes all things according to His counsel and will, so that (I) ... might live for the praise of His glory." (Ephesians 1:11).
 
Soak me and shape me today, My Father. Mold me and make me with Your nail-scarred hands, Lord Jesus. Breathe the breath of Your life into me, Holy Spirit of the Living God. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I yield to Your will and Your ways.
 
One day it will be "ashes to ashes and dust to dust" for me. As it is for us all:  "By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; you were dust, and to dust you shall return" (Genesis 3:19). But every day until then, I'm trusting You to keep working in me to make something beautiful out of my life. "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago" (Ephesians 2:10 NLT).
 
Though I began as "dust," I'll also always be Your dust -- dust that's "fearfully and wonderfully made!" (Psalm 139:14) and being fearfully and wonderfully made a little more every day into the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). In Your loving and gracious hands, I'll "grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ" (Ephesians 4:15). In Your hands, my dust becomes Your holy mud! Dust into mud into me! And this I know:  He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it (Philippians 1:6). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be soaked in the Living Waters and filled with the Holy Spirit, growing up in every way into the image of the Son of God -- from dust into mud into who you are and destined to be, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

        


 

Thank you for joining with me on this journey of prayer -- Morning by Morning! God bless you!

 



   
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!