Thursday, August 29, 2019

Morning by Morning, August 29 - "Pray in the Spirit at All Times"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Deep to deep, Spirit to spirit, I want to begin my day centered in You and go through the moments of my day in constant communion with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication" (Ephesians 6:18).
 
First Your Word commands us to "take up the whole armor of God" -- the "helmet of salvation," the "breastplate of righteousness," the "belt of truth," the "shoes of peace," the "shield of faith," and the "sword of the Spirit." (Ephesians 6:13:17). Then Your very next command is to "Pray in the Spirit at all times" (Ephesians 6:18).  That's how we are "strong in the Lord and the strength of (Your) power" (Ephesians 6:10). That's how You empower us to "stand firm" and "stand against the wiles of the devil" and "against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil" (Ephesians 6:11-12).
 
Lord, I'm learning more every day how to put on the full armor of God, to be clothed in Christ (Galatians 3:27) who is my Salvation, my Righteousness, my Truth, my Peace, my Faith, and my Word. And at the same time, I'm learning more every day how to "pray in the Spirit at all times." Teach me and empower me how to "pray without ceasing" as my spirit constantly abides in communion with Your Spirit throughout every moment of my day (1 Thessalonians 5:17). You wouldn't command it if it were not possible. And with You, all things are possible (Matthew 19:26), just as all things are possible for the one who believes in You (Mark 9:23).
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Pray through me all day long. No matter what else I'm thinking about, no matter what else I'm doing, I'm asking You to keep praying through me, with my spirit in constant communion with You (Ephesians 6:18). "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words" (Romans 8:24). "What should I do then? I will pray with the spirit, but I will pray with the mind also; I will sing praise with the spirit, but I will sign praise with the mind also" (1 Corinthians 14:15). "But you, beloved, build yourselves up on your most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit" (Jude 20).
 
So as I get up from my prayer chair now to go out into my day, I go with God and God goes with me. But I won't stop praying in my spirit and I won't stop abiding in Your Presence. "Deep calls to deep" (Psalm 42:7). You're the Vine and I'm one of Your branches (John 15:5); and the life-giving, ever-flowing Spirit of the Living God will continue to flow through me -- Spirit to spirit and Deep to deep -- throughout all the moments of my day to "bear much fruit" in me and through me as Your child and Your disciple, by Your power and for Your glory (John 15:8). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be inspired and empowered to pray in the Spirit at all times, throughout every moment of your day in constant communion with God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

        

Our School of Ministry Starts Next Week!

Our Level 1 School of Ministry is a comprehensive Prayer Ministry training based on God's Word, designed to inform and provide a Biblical foundation for inner healing and freedom prayer in a casual learning environment. Topics include Biblical Principles of Inner Healing -- "Healing from the Inside Out," Spiritual Gifts, and Potential Barriers to Healing, as well as a brief overview of Inner Healing and Personal Prayer tools. The training includes six, three hour evening sessions over the course of three weeks in the early Fall.


 

Thank you for joining with me on this journey of prayer -- Morning by Morning! God bless you!

 



   
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!