Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Morning by Morning, August 13 - Pursing Holiness of Heart
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Align my heart with Yours, my mind with Yours, my words with Yours.  ...
 
"Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and of spirit, making holiness perfect in the fear of God" (2 Corinthians 7:1).
 
Your Holy Spirit is what makes me holy -- not what I do or don't do, not what I eat or don't eat, not what I wear or don't wear. Your Holy Spirit at work within my spirit -- changing my heart, changing, my mind, changing my words -- is what makes me holy. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT).
 
Your part is to do it and my part is to choose it. By the power of Your grace at work within me, I must freely choose to "cleanse (myself) from every defilement of body and of spirit" and freely choose to allow You to make me holy. You don't force me, but You do invite me. You won't make me, but You will embrace me. I can't make holiness happen, but You can give me "the desire and the power" to embrace the One who makes holiness happen in me. "Christ in (me), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). 
 
"And this is the secret:  Christ lives in (me). This gives me assurance of sharing His glory" (Colossians 1:27 NLT). This is the secret to seeking to live in holiness, to live into the fullness of my salvation -- "a salvation that came through the Spirit who makes (me) holy through (my) belief in the truth" when "(You) called (me) to salvation (to embrace) the Good News; now I can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ" (2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 NLT).
 
So keep changing my nature into Your nature, my ways into Your ways, as I keep yielding my will to Your will and my spirit to Your Spirit. You continually invite me -- morning by morning and moment by moment -- to keep choosing and embracing the way of holiness by the work of Your Spirit at work within me:  "Let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God -- truly righteous and holy" (Ephesians 4:23). 
 
May I "not bring sorrow to (Your) Holy Spirit by the way (I) live. (But rather) remember, (You) has identified (me) as (Your) own, guaranteeing that (I) will be saved on the day of redemption" (Ephesians 4:30 NLT). Instead, by the power of Your grace my I "pursue peace with everyone and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14). May I bring joy to Your heart as I allow You to make my heart more like Yours every day. "The Lord's delight is in those who fear Him, those who put their hope in His unfailing love" (Psalm 147:11 NLT). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you pursue holiness of heart -- morning by morning and moment by moment -- all by the power of God's grace and God's Spirit at work within you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

          

Thank you for joining with me on this journey of prayer -- Morning by Morning! God bless you!


   
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!