Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Morning by Morning, August 7 - The Source of Good and The Source of Evil
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind, Your desires in my heart, Your words in my mouth, as I abide in You and You abide in me (John 15:4). As I watch and wait for Your leading, let me see what You're doing and hear what You're saying, so I can pray and proclaim Your kingdom and Your will on earth as it is in heaven   -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"We know that we are God's children, and that the whole world lies under the power of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life" (1 John 5:19-20).
 
When I see wickedness and evil in our world, when I my mind wants to wonder why You allow it and my heart wants to ask where You are in the midst of it, Your Spirt points me to Your Word -- "the whole world lies under the power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19). Sin and evil are never Your will. You're never the source behind the manifestations of wickedness and evil in our world. No, it's just the opposite. You said, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly" (John 10:10). The Source of good is never the source of evil. You're the Source of life; its' the thief who is the source of death. You're the Source of all that is right and good and holy and true; it's the thief who comes to steal that from us and destroy that within us and among us.
 
This wickedness and evil in our world are the works of the devil, as he works in the hearts and minds of those who embrace the principles of his kingdom instead of embracing the principles of Your kingdom (Ephesians 6:12).  And at the same time, Your Word says "The Son of God was revealed for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil" (1 John 3:8). It's the so-called "god of this world (that) has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Corinthians 4:4). You called him "the ruler of this world" who must "be driven out" (John 12:31). And as we choose You and Your kingdom and Your will, he is driven out of our hearts, out of our minds, and out of our world:  "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you" James 4:7-8).
 
This is how we overcome! This is how we change our world as we let You change us! This is how we come into agreement with the victory of the Cross and the power of the Blood in the name of Jesus! (Revelation 12:11; Colossians 1:20; Philippians 2:5-11) This is how You are fulfilling the promise and proclamation of Your Word -- "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Messiah, and He will reign forever and ever!" (Revelation 11:15)
 
So in the midst of the battle and as You continue to enforce the victory of Your Cross and advance the power and glory of Your kingdom in my heart and in my world, I take courage and find peace in Your words:  "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" (John 16:33 NKJV). "The God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you" (Romans 16:20). 
 
Lord, let it be so, in me and in my world. "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.... Deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever" (Matthew 6:9-13 KJV). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be take courage and find peace in knowing the One who is advancing His kingdom in your heart and in our world, as we embrace the One who is the Source of all that is good and holy and right and true, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

      

Thank you for joining with me on this journey of prayer -- Morning by Morning! God bless you!


   
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!