Saturday, October 07, 2006

Enforced Insomnia & Sabbath Rest 10-7-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. It's a little earlier in the morning to join you in prayer than I had hoped, but I take this moment to welcome Your presence into my heart and home again this day. ... "In the morning, while it was still very dark, He got up and went out to a deserted place, and there He prayed" (Mark 1:35). The voice of our little "angel" -- six month old Josiah Benjamin Hays -- has woken me up twice this morning already while it is "still very dark." His mother and I have gone in to comfort him but not to feed him, as he learns to sleep through the night (and as we try to re-learn how to sleep through the night). He's done it three times this week -- Praise the Lord! -- but not tonight. The Kingdom of God to come is already breaking in, but not yet fully consummated in it's fullness! "So then, a sabbath rest still remains for the people of God" (Hebrews 4:9). I find it hard to get back to sleep after these times of answering the call of our beloved son who is like the voice of one crying out in the wilderness -- loudly and persistently until we repent of our sleepy ways and arise from our slumber to sing the song of rest over our little saint, "Hush little baby, don't say a word; Daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird, etc., etc., ...." So since I can't go off to a deserted place to sleep, I often go ahead and slide into my prayer chair to spend some time with You before I slip back into sleep for a little nap before the dawn of a new day. You seem to be redeeming this season of enforced insomnia to deepen my life of prayer. You don't waste a moment of our suffering to cause all things to work together for good (Romans 8:28). But even so, Lord, I pray for the day when I can arise to meet You in the morning again -- when it is not so "still very dark." Let that day come quickly, Lord Jesus, like a thief in the night. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for joining with us in prayer for breakthrough in the sleeping patterns for Josiah Benjamin Hays and his family. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com