Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Trials, O Joy! 10-17-06

Morning by Morning, Tuesday Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face and call on Your name as I begin this day. … "My brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance, and let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing" (James 1:2-4). Trials -- O joy! Tribulation -- O joy! Counter-attacks of the kingdom of darkness against every act of faithful obedience -- O joy! Lord, sometimes it is really hard to hold on to Your Kingdom perspective that is so different from our worldly perspective. In Your Kingdom, the last shall be first, the greatest of all must be the servant of all, to live we must die, etc., etc., etc. You turn the principles of this world on its head and inside out. But if we keep our eyes on You and listen for the leading of Your voice, You turn even our trials and tribulations into a means of Your grace to draw us nearer to You and to grow us up in spiritual maturity. "We must through many tribulations enter the Kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22, NKJV). Thank You for the power of Your healing presence throughout the day and evening at our inner healing conference Saturday, "From Brokenness to Breakthrough." You touched us deeply to free us from the hidden and unhealed wounds of the past to free us to fulfill our destiny in Christ. I praise You for the testimonies of Your power and grace we've already heard and I praise You for the ones to come as You are faithful to bring to completion all that You have begun. And You gave me many opportunities to practice what I preach -- trying to press through Friday evening and Saturday with aches and chills, hoping to spend Sunday in bed to rest and heal, but then being called away for a family crisis out of town for two days, finally making it home late last night. On the outside, I still feel wrung out and tired, but inside I choose to keep looking to You. "So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set you mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:1-3). Yes, Lord. Give me grace to practice what I preach and give me faith to walk where I call others to follow, looking to the One who redeems my brokenness into breakthrough. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night -- on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794