Monday, October 02, 2006

God is Good to Me 10-2-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I settle in to my familiar place of prayer to watch and wait for You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ... "The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him" (Lamentations 3:25). As I wait on You for the leading of Your Holy Spirit and as I seek You to listen for the leading of Your still, small voice, You fill me with the goodness of Your presence. You assure me of the goodness of Your will and Your plan for my life. You remind me of the goodness of Your nature in Your patience, protection, provision, and power. "For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness to all generations" (Psalm 100:5). Lord, give me patience to wait on You in the surrender of silence before You in these first moments of every day. Focus my thoughts and prepare my heart for the plans and purposes You have for me each day. Let me persist in prayer until Your goodness overtakes me and goes on before me. I want to live every day of my life filled with the peace of the presence of my God who is so good to me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I am going to be leading a one day inner healing conference of teaching, worship, and healing ministry, in Lexington on Saturday, October 14th: "From Brokenness to Breakthrough -- healing from grief, sorrow, trauma, and pain in a broken world." We will hold this in The Foundry at my home church, Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd from 9 am to 9 pm (Morning and Afternoon teaching, worship, and ministry; Evening healing service). Please come if you can and please keep us in prayer. Pre-register by contacting Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries at 859-317-1591 or email at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Please forward this note and spread the word to your church and friends! To subscribe/unsubscribe or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's and cd's for spiritual transformation, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.orgDaily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com