Monday, November 20, 2006

Give Thanks to the Lord 11-20-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I set apart these first moments of my morning to watch and wait for the leading of Your Spirit in the communion of prayer. ... "O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His steadfast love endures forever!" (Psalm 118:1). We give thanks because You are good, because You love us, and because You love endures forever. Some say we should give thanks to You for all circumstances, but I believe we should give thanks to You "in every circumstance" (1 Thessalonians 5:18). There is a difference. Not everything that happens to us in this broken, fallen world is Your will, where human beings and spiritual beings have the freedom to rebel and resist Your will for our lives and others. You do not will or cause evil. You desire the abundance of life for us, while the thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy through whatever means he can (John 10:10). But even then, You are with us -- fighting for us, walking with us, even causing all that we endure to work together for our good out of Your love (Romans 8:28). So I thank You, Lord. Though I go through the valleys, I will fear no evil, for You are with me (Psalm 23). Though I go through the waters and rivers and fires of hard circumstances in a broken, fallen world, they shall not overwhelm me nor consume, for You are with me (Isaiah 43). Thank You for the steadfastness of Your love; thank You for Your power to redeem all things in my life for my good and Your glory. In Jesus' name I pray, amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com