Thursday, November 30, 2006

"Give to Everyone Who Begs from You" 11-30-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, Holy Spirit. Good morning, Heavenly Father. Lord God Almighty, I enter in to the Holy of Holies of Your presence in prayer through the blood of the Lamb. ... "You do well if you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' But if you show partiality, you commit sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors.... So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty. For judgment will be without mercy to anyone who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment" (James 2:8-13). Yesterday a man asked me for money to buy some food. It may be the changing season or the changing culture, but that seems to be happening more and more. I have to admit those times make me uncomfortable as I find myself trying to judge the person's heart, motives, needs, and circumstances. Then I find myself judging my own. But this time, as soon as my mind started to go down that road, I heard very clearly in my spirit, "Give to everyone who begs from you." So that made it easy. But as the man walked away, I remembered the many times I have not given to everyone who begs from me, despite the teaching of Your Word (Matthew 5:42). I remembered the times I've tried to find comfort leaning instead toward another teaching of Your Word, "Anyone unwilling to work should not eat" (2 Thessalonians 3:11). It just reminded me how impossible it would be to try to sort out the heart and circumstances of every person in every encounter, without the leading of Your Holy Spirit. And it seems that is the answer to showing no partiality -- with every encounter with every person in every circumstance, I need to listen for the leading of Your Holy Spirit, I need to seek the mind of Christ, I need to choose the path of the Father Heart of God. I need to begin my days entrusting the encounters of that day to You, so I can be ready make choices out of constant communion with You. Otherwise, I'll always be tempted to look upon the outward appearance and judge from my limited discernment, when You always look at the heart and only You truly know a person's heart. "For the Lord does not see as mortals see; they look on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7). Lord, forgive me for the times I have shown partiality by relying on my own wisdom and whims rather seeking Your will and ways. Forgive me for my judgments that were not sanctified by Your judgment and all the times I have not loved my neighbor as myself, in violation of Your royal law. I am guilty under the law of Your judgment, and I need Your mercy. Thank You for making Your mercy available for my sins when I commit them to You. Thank You that Your "mercy triumphs over judgment." Judgment is real and so are the consequences -- now in this age and in the age to come -- but so is Your mercy. Thank You for the mercy that freely comes to a repentant heart by the blood of the Lamb in the grace of God. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794