Monday, November 13, 2006

Let God Arise and Our Enemies be Scattered 11-13-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face; I need Your grace; I welcome Your embrace. ... "But my eyes are turned toward You, O God, my Lord; in You I seek refuge" (Psalm 141:8). I have been so honored and blessed to be a minister of Your healing and freedom among Your people tucked away in a retreat in the beautiful woods and hills of eastern Pennsylvania these past few days. We gathered from churches from this region to worship You in spirit and truth, to listen for Your words of life, and receive healing and freedom from the power of Your hand. You are the God who answers when we call -- sometimes dramatically in the miracle of a moment and sometimes little by little and step by step as we can handle it -- but always answering when we call in Your perfect timing and in Your perfect way. From the first night you gave me an image from my recent journey with my family through Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. There are places where there is a low ceiling and you have to bend over as you walk. It seemed You were speaking of a low ceiling of depression and discouragement over this region, trying to keep the people bowed down under a crushing weight. As we gathered for refreshing and renewed in this sanctuary of healing and peace in Your presence, there were many coming as those "utterly spent and crushed," groaning under the burdens of life and ministry under a heaviness of spirit. But You were speaking to us, "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit" (Psalm 34:18). You called us to arise and shine for our Light had come and the glory us the Lord was upon us -- though deep darkness covered us, the light of the glory of God within us was rising up in our praises and prayers to push back the darkness and shine for Your light in our hearts and throughout the region (Isaiah 60:1-3). You arose within us and our enemies of discouragement and depression were scattered. "Let God rise up, let His enemies be scattered; let those who hate Him flee before Him. As smoke is driven away; as wax melts before the fire, let the wicked perish before God. But let the righteous be joyful; let them exalt before God; let them be jubilant with joy!" (Psalm 68:1-3). You are a good God who defeats our enemies before our eyes and fills our hearts with joy. Rise up with us and drive our enemies from us in our hearts, our churches, our cities, and our regions throughout the earth for the glory of Your name. Praise Your holy name! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for all your prayers for me and my family and those I've been sent to minister to in this unusually long period of back to back ministry engagements on the road. God has been incredibly faithful to preserve my health and passion. I've been without internet access at the retreat and was delayed in Philadelphia last night because of weather. I hope to make it home today for some rest and peace in the arms of my family at home. God bless you all and thank you for joining me in the journey! Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month -- this Friday Night-- for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com .