Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Pursue Holiness 11-8-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes unto the hills, from where my help comes from. My help comes from You, the Maker of heaven and earth -- my Lord, my God, my King -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ... "Pursue peace with everyone, and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14). To "pursue" is to seek after, to run hard after, to press in and press on with tenacity and perseverance, to settle for nothing less. You call me to pursue peace and to pursue holiness if I am to see You. You give me the grace to desire it and You give me the grace to do it, but ultimately I must make the choice to pursue or not. You are my Peace -- my "Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). You are my Holiness -- "majestic in holiness, awesome in splendor" (Exodus 15:11). Holy One of God, I pursue You, I run hard after You, "looking to Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith" (Hebrews 12:1-2). Cleanse my heart in the peace of Your presence, that I may be made holy and pure in Your sight by "the blood of Christ" (Hebrews 9:14). Through this mystery of faith in Christ who takes away my sins as I pursue Your peace and Your holiness, I "become the righteousness of God" by Your grace (2 Corinthians 5:21). You make me pure in heart as I "go on toward perfection" in You (Hebrews 6:1). "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God" (Matthew 5:8). And I do yearn to see You, Lord -- to see You as You are and to begin to see myself as You see me in Christ. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for covering us in prayer at our Renewal Services in Madisonville, KY -- the Lord is moving powerfully in our midst in the services and personal prayer ministry times. Praise God! I pray you be renewed and refreshed in the Spirit of God as well! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794