Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Building the Church, Despite the Challenges 5-7-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my King and I am Your servant; You are my Father, and I am Your son; You are my Head and I am part of Your body. I wait and listen for the leading of Your Spirit. ... "I told them that the hand of my God had been gracious upon me, and also the words that the king had spoken to me. Then they said, 'Let us start building!' So they committed themselves to the common good. But when Sanballat the Horonite and Tobiah the Ammonite official, and Gesham the Arab heard of it, they mocked and ridiculed us, saying, 'What is this that you are doing? Are you rebelling against the king?' Then I replied the God of heaven is the One who will give us success, and we His servants are going to start building, but you have not claim or share or historic right in Jerusalem" (Nehemiah 2:18-20). As with each one of the children of God, Your hand is gracious upon me. You have called me by name, anointed me with Your Spirit, and sent me with Your authority to do my part in my generation to build Your church and see Your kingdom come. You build Your church and You establish Your kingdom, but in Your sovereignty and grace, You have chosen to do it through Your people (Matthew 16:18-19). But it will not go unchallenged. The enemy of our souls and Your kingdom will mock us and ridicule us; he will threaten us and challenge us every step of the way. So we must fight as we build, with a sword in one hand and a trowel in the other. We will press on, knowing, "Our God will fight for us" (Nehemiah 4:15-20). You will "give us success" because our success is already established through the victory of Your cross. So give us courage to stand firm, to resist the enemy, and keep building -- with our hands and on our knees -- until we see Your kingdom and Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org