Sunday, May 11, 2008

Honoring a Mother's Love 5-11-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. On this Mother's Day, I turn to You and thank You for the gift of life through the gift of my mother. ... "For it was You who formed my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother's womb" (Psalm 139:13). Of all the places of all creation, You chose the womb of a mother to be the place of creation for every child. In the safety and shelter of a mother's love, You form us and shape us, then breathe life into us so that we become a living soul -- all in the womb of a mother. No other has such an honor. No other is entrusted with so much. So we honor our mothers (Exodus 20:12; Matthew 15:4). And they are worthy of our honor and love. Even those who cannot honor and love their mothers for all they have done can still choose to honor and love their mothers for who they are -- the person God chose in whom to form and birth their life. "The breath comes to the bones in the mother's womb" (Ecclesiastes 11:5). As we chose a heart of honor, it will go well with us and we will live long upon the earth (Ephesians 6:2-3). Thank You for my mother. Thank You for loving me through her mothers' heart. As a mother comforts her child, so You have comforted me through her mothers' arms (Isaiah 66:13). While You are the fountain source of life and love, she is the stream You chose to carry Your life and love to me. And I love her and honor her for who she is to me today. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org