Sunday, May 18, 2008

Renewed in the Spirit of My Mind 5-18-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Holy are You, Lord. And worthy is Your name. You are worthy of my praise and worthy of the surrender of my day. ... "For surely you have heard about Him and were taught in Him, as truth is in Jesus. You were taught to put away your former way of life, your old self, corrupt and deluded by its lusts, and to become renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to clothe yourselves with the new self, created according to the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness" (Ephesians 4:21-24). As You renew the spirit of my mind, You realign my mind with Yours. You bring my thoughts into line with Your thoughts, my desires into line with Your desires, so that my choices come into line with Your choices. This is how the old self becomes the new self, crucified in the flesh and alive in the Spirit. This is how I embrace my new and true identity in Christ. By the grace of God, this new self is "created according to the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness." Though I am forever in need of Your grace, my core identity is no longer a sinner, but a saint. I no longer keep looking at my past, but turn my eyes to my destiny in You. I no longer linger in my thoughts on who I was, but embrace the truth of who I am. "So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!... For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:17-21). This is the truth that is in Jesus. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org