Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Follow the Path 5-28-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, You are One and You are welcome in moments of my day. ... "You must therefore be careful to do as the Lord your God has commanded you; you shall not turn to the right or to the left. You must follow exactly the path that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live, and that it may go well with you, and that you may live long in the land that you are to possess" (Deuteronomy 5:35-36). There is a path You have set before me to walk each day. And I have a choice to walk that way or not. If I persistently choose to walk in that path by the grace and the light that You give, it will go well with me. It does not mean that it will go easy for me or go without heartache and pain for me, but it will go well for me. For You will go with me, and whenever You go with me, it is well with my soul. Though I go through the challenges of a fallen creation, filled with fallen people, surrounded by fallen spirits, I will not fear nor fail, for You go with me (Isaiah 43:2). If I am to do what You command and follow where You lead, I must know Your Word and listen to Your Spirit. I must begin the journey each day entrusting the day to You. Like Moses, I must resolve in my heart that unless You go with me, I don't want to go; and I don't want to go anywhere You are not leading (Exodus 33:15). Apart from Your grace, I can't hear Your Word or obey Your will. But I never have to be apart from Your grace. You give freely of Your Spirit to all who ask (Luke 11:13). By the leading of Your Spirit, I will not turn to the right or to the left, but follow the path that You set before me today. If I step off the path, You will correct me. If I follow the path, You will encourage me. And by Your grace I will live out this day possess the land You lay on my heart and entrust to my care. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I've just been invited to be the inspirational speaker for a five day cruise (Tampa Bay/Cozumel/Grand Cayman) next February hosted by The Haven. You are invited to come join us! But a reservation and initial deposit must be made right away. Please send a note for details or call Marilyn Walker at 859-317-1591 Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org