Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Set Free" 5-17-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be Lord of every area of my life this day. ... "Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. And just then there appeared a woman with a spirit that had crippled her for eighteen years. She was bent over and quite unable to stand up straight. When Jesus saw her, He called her over and said, 'Woman, you are set free from your ailment.' When He laid hands on her, immediately she stood up straight and began praising God.... 'And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan bound for eighteen long years be set free from this bondage on the sabbath day?' (Luke 13:10-16). This is the Word You brought to my heart at our Prayer Revival last night. And these are the questions You led me to ask in response to Your Word: What are the things that cripple me? What holds me back and trips me up from running the race into the fullness of the destiny You've set before me? What has me so bent over and so weighed down that I can't look up. What spirit has Satan sent to torment me and steal from me the love and life and peace and joy You died on the cross for me to have? Whatever it is, I ask You to speak to my spirit and lay hands on my body. I ask You to command it to go in the authority of Your name and the power of Your blood. In Christ, I am a son of Abraham (Galatians 3:28). In Christ, I am a son of God (Galatians 3:26). In Christ, I am "set free from this bondage." And I stand up straight and worship You, my Savior, my Healer, and my Deliverer. You are the God of peace who has crushed Satan under my feet (Romans 16:20). Give me courage and faith to keep looking up to You and living into this truth of Your Word every moment of every day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org