Saturday, May 24, 2008

Heaven's Home 5-24-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, Heavenly Father. Good morning, Holy Spirit. It's a good morning because You're a good God. ... "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way to the place where I am going" (John 14:1-4). You have prepared a place for me -- a place called heaven, a place called home. For "our citizenship is in heaven, and it is from there that we are expecting a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ" (Philippians 3:20). We are "strangers and foreigners on the earth ... seeking a homeland" because we "desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one," where You "have prepared a city" for us (Hebrews 11:13-16). So as I journey through the challenges that humble me and the opportunities that mature me in this broken, fallen world, I choose by Your grace to look to heaven. "Since you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:1-3). I look beyond the brokenness to the wholeness to come, beyond the bondage to decay toward the freedom and joy of all You have prepared for me in heaven's home. By Your grace, I will live out all my days, learn all my lessons, endure all my trials, and fulfill all my destiny. But all the while, I will be looking forward to all that is to come. "For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:17-18). So though my feet are on earth, my heart is in heaven. And no matter what I will endure through this short but eternally significant journey, it will all be worth it. "I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory about to be revealed to us" (Romans 8:18). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'm excited to be preaching at my home church in Lexington this Sunday 5/25 at two of our services (9:45 and 5:15) to begin a new sermon series on Heaven http://www.centenarylex.com/ Please come join us anytime you can and please keep us in your prayers. May our hearts be prepared for heaven! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: http://www.shop.messiah-ministries.org/