Sunday, May 25, 2008

"See the Heavenes Opened" 5-25-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of heaven, come be King in me on earth as You are in heaven. ... "When they heard these things, they became enraged and ground their teeth at Stephen. But filled with the Holy Spirit, he gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 'Look,' he said, 'I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!' " (Acts 7:55-56). When Stephen was encircled by the rage of violence and injustice, God the Holy Spirit lifted his eyes to heaven. And there he gazed into the glory of God the Father and God the Son. As he opened his heart, You opened the heavens. As he lifted his eyes, You lifted his spirit. You gave him the courage and the confidence to keep his eyes fixed on things above rather than below, on the things that are eternal rather than temporary (2 Corinthians 4:17-18). They stoned his body, but his spirit soared to heaven (Acts 7:57-60). I hear in his heart and see by his witness that he learned by Your Spirit to know he could always lift up his eyes to the One who was his strength and courage. "I will lift up my eyes to the hills -- from where will my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth" (Psalm 121:1). Even in the face of fear and death, Stephen was secure in Your peace because he knew the source of his strength and the destination of his soul. "With the Lord on my side, I do not fear. What can mortals do to me? ... Open to me the gates of righteousness, that I may enter through them and give thanks to the Lord" (Psalm 118:6-19). And by Your grace and Your Spirit, so do I. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'll be preaching at my home church in Lexington today, Sunday 5/25 at two of our services (9:45 and 5:15) as the first sermon of a new series on Heaven www.CentenaryLex.com Please come join us anytime you can and please keep us in your prayers. May our hearts be prepared and your eyes be lifted to heaven! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org