Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Equally Yoked in Passion for Christ 7-1-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I entrust my life and this day to You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ... "You shall not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together" (Deuteronomy 22:10). Most every summer I join with old friends and make new ones from across the country at the annual Aldersgate Conference, hosted in a different city each time by Aldersgate Renewal Ministries. It's named after the prayer meeting on Aldersgate Street in London where John Wesley was baptized in the Holy Spirit. And it's always a deeply, spiritually refreshing and renewing time for me, as I receive through the anointed worship, teaching, and messages just as much as I give. And it never seems to fail that You forge new bonds of friendship and ministry, while You strengthen the ones You've long since established, for the advancing of Your kingdom through our lives and ministries in the year to come. Here, You give me the gift of being equally yoked with those of like hearts and kindred spirits, always digging deeper, pressing in further, reaching up higher for more of You (see Amos 3:3 and 2 Corinthians 6:14). As we share in the stories of Your glory, praising the wondrous works of God we've seen, and expressing our insatiable desire for more, You inspire us, encourage us, equip us, and anoint us to keep pressing on in the power of Your Spirit for the glory of Your name. You remind us we're not alone in our passionate quest to see Your Kingdom come in our hearts and in the earth, until Your glory covers the earth as the waters cover the sea (Habakkuk 2:14). I always like to come for the pre-conference of worship and prayer that prepares the way of the Lord -- first in us and then for the conference. The very first people I saw when I made it to town and checked in at the hotel late last night could hardly wait, telling me and everybody in the lobby, "We're ready to be emptied out and filled up!" Yes, Lord. Empty me out of everything that would hold me back from being "filled with all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:19). Through the worship and prayer, praise and proclamation of these coming days, lift every heavy burden and free me to fully enter into Your yoke with Your people who are hungry and thirsty for more of You. Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light; and in You I know I'll not be disappointed to find rest for my soul and renewal of my spirit with my friends and fellow travelers in the journey (Matthew 11:28-30). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep us in your prayers for a great outpouring of God's Holy Spirit at the Aldersgate Conference here in Greensboro, NC, July 1-5: www.Aldersgate09.org I'll be teaching two equipping sessions on Healing of Damaged Emotions and Developing a Healing Prayer Ministry, as well as sharing a message on healing of spirit, soul, and body as the Friday Night Keynote Speaker. Evening sessions are free if you're in the area. And I pray for an outpouring of God's Spirit in your heart and community as well. God bless you! Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org