Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Graceland 7-28-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Guide my steps as You walk with me through the moments of my day. ... "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and He will put the sheep at His right hand and the goats at the left. Then the King will say to those at His right hand, 'Come, you that are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed Me, I was naked and you gave Me clothing, I was sick and you took care of Me, I was in prison and you visited Me'.... And the King will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to the least of these who are members of My family, you did it to Me' " (Matthew 25:31-40). We spent last night in Memphis, home of the king -- not the King of glory, but the king of rock and roll; not the King whose name is El Shaddai, but the king whose name is Elvis. But it does remind me of Your words that there will come a "day of judgment" where all will stand before Your throne and "give an account" for how we spent the days of our lives (Matthew 12:36). Who did we love more -- others or ourselves? Who did we serve more -- You and Your kingdom or ourselves and our own. We will see on that day that as we loved and served "the least of these" we were loving and serving You. And I thank You now for the mercy of that day, that through the blood of Christ and Your sacrifice of love for me and all who will humbly call on Your name, Your throne of judgment will also be a throne of grace. "Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need" (Hebrews 4:16). On that day to come and in the moments of my days between now and then, my salvation will not be determined by what I have done, but by Whom is my King and what my King has done for me. "Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory" (Psalm 24:10). Lord Jesus, You are the "King of kings and Lord of lords" (Revelation 19:16). You are One with the Father and One with the Spirit; come be One within my heart and life as my Lord and my King, to live and love through me (John 14:23). Your kingdom comes wherever You are honored as King, and Your grace flows to all who will receive You and embrace You as their Lord and King, so that every heart of every land is Graceland to You. In Jesus' name I pray. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we still have room for you to join us at our upcoming Healing Prayer Weekend and The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry. Please contact Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries to join us: DirOfMinistries@aol.com We'd love to have you! I'm really excited about my new book on healing, Free to Be Like Jesus. You can order it from www.amazon.com or through any Christian bookstore or from our Online ministry resource center: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org , where all proceeds go to support the vision and calling of our ministry. I'd love to hear your feedback. I tried to include many real-life experiences, testimonies, and sample prayers along with biblically-balanced teaching on Christian healing ministry. This book puts into words much of what I've learned in these first 12 years of healing prayer ministry, and I'd love to share it with you. God bless you and thank you for your prayers for me to get this book published and available. Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com-- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Devotional Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com