Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Give From Within 7-22-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me into the holy place of Your presence in prayer, then lead me on in the steps You've ordered for my day. ... "Now you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. You fools! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also? So give for alms those things that are within; and see, everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:39-41). The Pharisees were always focused on looking right and doing right. They were very concerned about their outward appearance and their reputation for religious righteousness. But You were always looking within, at the righteousness that comes from right relationship with God. They were high on the ceremony of their actions, but You were high on the sincerity of their hearts. Their lives could look very clean and right and religious on the outside, while at the same time their hearts and souls could be very bitter and dark, hidden from view from everyone but You. In their self-righteousness and judgment, they neglected justice and the love of God (v. 42). But even their hearts could be made clean if they would give of themselves to You and to others from within (v. 41). Lord, I know right actions are important to You, but You made clear so often how important it is to You for our right actions to flow from a right heart. That's the kind of righteousness You desire -- the righteousness that can only come from being in right relationship with You. So free me from any over-focus on my outward appearance or anxiety over my religious reputation. Above all, I want my heart and soul to be right with You. And only You are the judge of that. "He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:8) In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'm really excited about my new book on healing, Free to Be Like Jesus. You can order it from http://www.amazon.com/ or through any Christian bookstore or from our Online ministry resource center: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org , where all proceeds go to support the vision and calling of our ministry. I'd love to hear your feedback. I tried to include many real-life experiences, testimonies, and sample prayers along with biblically-balanced teaching on Christian healing ministry. This book puts into words much of what I've learned in these first 12 years of healing prayer ministry, and I'd love to share it with you. God bless you and thank you for your prayers for me to get this book published and available. Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --mailto:--MessiahMin@aol.com-- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502