Monday, July 27, 2009

Pioneer Spirit 7-27-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eye and open up my heart to welcome You in to my life and my day. ... "Then the hand of the Lord was upon me there, and He said to me, 'Arise, go out into the plain, and there I shall talk with you' " (Ezekiel 3:22). We started out journey down from the mountains and across the plains back to the bluegrass hills and horse farms of home in Kentucky. My daughter Maddie and I went to the outdoor musical drama "Texas!" last night down in the beautifully rugged Palo Duro Canyon near Amarillo. We were inspired by the saga of conflict and community, tenacity and tenderness, calamity and courage of the early pioneers and bigger than life stories of those who carved their hopes and homes out of these high plains where I was born. Somehow in the vastness of these plains, it's seems easier to look up, as your spirit's draw high into the big sky and clear nights that seem like You've opened Your heavens for display. Lord, I pray for more of the pioneering spirit -- tenacious and steadfast, courageous and persistent, unafraid to go where others haven't been and unyielding in faith to go where You lead. The Spirit of Elijah that prepares the way of the Lord is a pioneering spirit with a breakthrough anointing that makes way for the coming of the Kingdom of God here on earth as it is in heaven. I want to be a part of that, part of the pioneers who prepare the way for that. And if it is Your timing and Your way, I want to be part of the generation who experiences a great measure of that -- "abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20). Thank You for speaking to me again in these plains and in my heart, where I received Your breathe of life and heard Your first words so long ago. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we still have room for you to join us at our upcoming Healing Prayer Weekend and The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry. Please contact Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries to join us: DirOfMinistries@aol.com We'd love to have you! I'm really excited about my new book on healing, Free to Be Like Jesus. You can order it from http://www.amazon.com/ or through any Christian bookstore or from our Online ministry resource center: http://www.shop.messiah-ministries.org/ , where all proceeds go to support the vision and calling of our ministry. I'd love to hear your feedback. I tried to include many real-life experiences, testimonies, and sample prayers along with biblically-balanced teaching on Christian healing ministry. This book puts into words much of what I've learned in these first 12 years of healing prayer ministry, and I'd love to share it with you. God bless you and thank you for your prayers for me to get this book published and available. Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --mailto:--MessiahMin@aol.com-- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Devotional Archives at: http://www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com/ An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!