Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No Bad Days 1-13-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As the eyes of my spirit rise to seek Your face, let the ears of my heart listen for Your voice. … As the eyes of my spirit Now seek Your face Let the ears of my heart Listen now for Your Words of grace All the earth be silent And my soul be still As I watch and I wait For Your perfect will You are Lord and I trust You You are Lord and I love You You are Lord of all my life And I give this day to You … “For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is in Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall never be shaken. On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us” (Psalm 62:5-8). Sometimes it’s hard to reconcile the days filled with both exuberance and sadness, laughter and tears, joy and pain. But You never said the journey would be easy, just that You would be with us through it all, every moment of every day—the good days and hard days, the good moments and hard moments of any given day. All the moments of my days may not always feel good, but You will always be God. And as I entrust myself and all the moments of my days to Your care, every moment becomes an opportunity to grow in my trust of Your unfailing love for me. You are a good God. You are faithful and true. Which does not mean I have some kind of spiritual immunity from sorrow or pain from life in a broken, fallen world where things happen every day that break Your heart and mine. It means You are my hope, my rock, and my salvation; You are my healer and deliverer; You are my very present help in times of need and my ever present God in whatever times I encounter. Nothing can separate me from Your love, because You are for me; and if God be for me, who can be against me? (Romans 8:31-39) As I trust in You, even the hard days become good days, because You redeem all days to draw me closer to You and make me more like You each day. “For I know my Redeemer lives” (Job 19:25). And by Your Holy Spirit, who is always with me, always within me, there are ultimately no bad days, even if there are hard days—only good days that I can look back and say, “My good God was with me through it all.” In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night January 15th at 7PM, the 3rd Friday Night of every month, for our Messiah Ministries monthly gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Led by Messiah Ministries and hosted at Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit. Laura Beach will be leading in Prayer and Jeff Green will be leading in Worship. All are welcome and spread the word! Contact Marilyn Walker, our Dir. of Ministries for details 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.clom Please join us for our 4 Day Intensive School of Spiritual Ministry Level 1 at the end of January. Contact Marilyn Walker, our Dir. of Ministries for details 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.clom Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502