Monday, January 04, 2010

Bold Charge 1-5-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Anchor of my soul, I begin my day steadfast in the assurance of Your Presence and the power of Your love. … “I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9). Yesterday we travelled from the plains at Manila up to the mountains at Baguio for the International Aldersgate Conference in the Philippines. On the way, we drove past San Juan Hill, reminding me of the site of Teddy Roosevelt’s bold charge up its slopes with his volunteer Rough Riders in the fight for liberation of these islands during the Spanish-American War. Taking heavy casualties against overwhelming odds, there was really no choice but to go up in a courageous advance to victory or turn and run in defeat. Teddy Roosevelt chose courage over cowardice, risking an uncertain fate over certain failure, and went up with a shout into the bloodiest battle of the war. They took that hill, stood their ground, and the battle was won. Lord, I pray for a spirit of courage and bravery to go where You send me, to fight the battles You set before me, to advance and never retreat, to charge forward in the victories of the Lord and never surrender. Be with me wherever I go, and let me only go where You send me. Give me holy boldness to charge up the heights to secure the strategic positions You’ve commissioned to me and those You’ve aligned with me in the advance of the gospel of the Kingdom of God. In the power of Your grace, without being frightened or dismayed, but only strong and courageous in the strength of the Lord, let us “go in to take possession of the land that the Lord (our) God gives (us) to possess” for the coming of Your Kingdom and the glory of Your name (Joshua 1:11). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep us in prayer this week for the International Aldersgate Conference of the Holy Spirit beginning tonight here in The Philippines. I'll be preaching and ministering at the Pastor's Summit and the General Conference. Back home, I'll be leading our 4 Day Intensive Course at the end of January, The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry again. Please contact Marilyn, our Director of Ministries, for details and please spread the word: DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502