Sunday, January 03, 2010

“Seize the Hope” 1-4-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Blessed are they who hunger, for they shall be satisfied. Blessed are they are thirst, for they shall be filled. Lord, make me more hungry, more thirsty, for more of You this day and every day. … “Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope that is set before us. This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, where the Forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek” (Hebrews 6:17-20, NKJV). As we enter into this new year, we enter times and conditions we have never entered before. But we do have to enter into it in a way we’ve never entered before. We can enter in though the Way the leads to Life. We can enter in through the One who is “the Way, the Truth, and the Life” (John 14:6). You’ve already gone before us into every struggle we will endure, every challenge we will face, every obstacle we will overcome by the grace of God. You’ve already entered into “the Presence behind the veil” to that we can always enter into that holiest of holy places of Your ever-abiding Presence. This is our certain hope, our sure and steadfast confidence in You, the only One who can anchor our souls in peace. For You are our High Priest of the Presence of God; You are our Melchizedek—our “King of Righteousness” and “King of Peace” (Hebrews 7:1-3). No doubt in this year, You will continue to fulfill Your prophetic promise to shake all things that can be shaken, so that only what cannot be shaken remains (Hebrews 12:27). And not all things that we think we have to have will make it through the shaking yet to come. But the One Thing we must have, will be the One Thing who will bring us through. We must “seize the hope set before us” and You alone are that hope (Hebrews 6:18). “One thing I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple. For He will hide me in His shelter in the day of trouble; He will conceal me under the cover of His tent; He will set me high upon a rock. Now my head is lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the Lord. Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud, be gracious to me and answer me! ‘Come,’ my heart says, ‘seek his face!’ Your face, Lord, do I seek” (Psalm 27:4-8). When I began the journey into what became this past year of my life, I had no idea of the heights of joy or the depths of pain I would encounter or endure. Some things are left better unknown. But what I do know is that You were with me through it all. And this is the anchor of my soul, my sure and steadfast hope, for this new year and every year to come. There’s nothing I will encounter that I will not overcome by the grace of my God, who redeems all things for my good, no matter their source or intent, as I seek Your face and entrust it to Your hands (Romans 8:28). That’s the hope I want to seize. That’s the Hope who has seized me. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I've made it from Jerusalem to Manila, where I'll be ministering in The Philippines this week at the International Aldersgate Conference of the Holy Spirit in the mountains at Bagia. I'm thrilled to be invited to be a keynote speaker, preaching five times this week, before coming home on my journey around the world to begin this new year of ministry proclaiming the gospel of the Kingdom of God at home and abroad to the nations. Thank you for joining me in the journey! Back home, I'll be leading our 4 Day Intensive Course at the end of January, The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry again. Please contact Marilyn, our Director of Ministries, for details and please spread the word: DirOfMinistries@aol.com Happy New Year, my friends! May our King of Righteousness and Peace favor you and prosper you in the abundance of His love for you this year. "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in good health, just as your soul prospers" (3 John 2). God bless you! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502