Saturday, January 09, 2010

A New Land in a New Season with New Promises 1-10-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your mercies are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness. … “Now the Lord said to Abram, ‘Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you’ ” (Genesis 12:1). As I leave last year and enter this new year, as I go from the last season and enter into this new season, I want to go only where You lead me and see only what You show me. Only You truly know the depth of all You have called me to leave behind and all You have prepared for me to receive. But no matter what, I know the promises of Your Word are true for me and for all who commit their way to the Lord: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him” (1 Corinthians 2:9, NKJV). By Your grace, I am one of those who loves You. I love You because You first loved me. I have committed my way to You because I believe You are the Way. I have chosen to follow You wherever You lead me and to go wherever You send me because I know You know what is best for me, the purposes for which You have created me, and the unique ways You want to reveal Yourself and live Your life through me. When Abram let go of his old life to embrace his new life, when he left behind the last season to enter into his new season, he really had no idea where he was headed or who he would become. He didn’t know the sacrifices that would be asked of him or the steps of faith he would be asked to take. He just knew he was willing to trust You. And he believed Your promise to bless him there and to be a means of Your blessing to others (Genesis 12:2). And even when he arrived to the land of Canaan, to the promised land You showed him, “Abram journeyed on by stages” through the land (Genesis 12:8). Thank You for the stages and seasons of my life. Thank You for Your mercy to not change all of the circumstances of all of my life all at once. “Little by little” You lead me to advance into the places and provisions of Your promises, with breakthroughs along the way (Deuteronomy 7:22). And I would not go, but for the grace of God. But because You have lavished up Your grace upon grace – all the tender mercies of God I’ve never deserved – I will follow and I will go because I will trust You. I trust You because I love You. And I love You because You first loved me (1 John 4:19). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays My friends, may the Lord bless you and He leads you into this new year of this new season. May He give you courage to follow where He leads and go where He sends. I'm praying for you and thank you for praying for me, as we journey in stages, with His breakthroughs along the way. Thank you for praying for me as I began this new year leaving Kentucky to the east and coming home from the west, literally going around the world to proclaim this gospel of the Kingdom of God and minister the healing love of God to the people of the nations where He has sent me. I'll fly home early tomorrow morning from the Philippines, where the Lord has refreshed me, renewed me, and I pray He has used me in the lives of others at the International Aldersgate Renewal Conference of the Holy Spirit here. We're hearing many stories of salvation, healing, deliverance, and renewal from those who came to join us -- over a thousand people. Thank you for your prayers and all your encouragement and support that allow me to minister at home and abroad with a passion for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. And I pray for you an impartation of every blessing the Lord has poured into me (Romans 1:11). Be blessed in this new year of this new season in your life! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502