Friday, November 08, 2013

Morning by Morning, November 8 - Ask Jesus

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Be King and Lord of my life today.  ...

"Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If in my name you ask Me for anything, I will do it" (John 14:12-14).

Lord Jesus, I'm one who believes in You. I'm one You've invited to ask You for anything in Your name. I'm one You've invited to do the works You do and "even greater works than these."

Because You've gone to the Father, You've sent Your Holy Spirit to live in me and make me more like You (v. 14:15-21). With Your Spirit abiding in my spirit, I'm able to ask in Your name with Your nature in my heart; I'm able to do Your works all by Your power. United by the bond of the Spirit of God, You are in the Father, I am in You, and You are in me (v. 14:20).

The "Spirit of Christ" at work within me is at work through me, doing the works of Christ by the Spirit of Christ in the name of Christ (Romans 8:9). So the Father is gloried in the Son, as all who believe in the Son are being conformed into the image of the Son of God, doing the very works of the Son of God, all by the power of the Spirit of God abiding in us (Romans 8:29).

Lord Jesus, move in my heart by Your Spirit today. Make me more like You. Show me what to ask of You, throughout the moments of my day, that will glorify my Father in Your name through my life today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

  
My Friend,  I pray the Spirit of Christ will fill your heart and move your prayers with the heart of Christ, as you do the works of Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit abiding in you today. Please pray the same the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue