Thursday, November 21, 2013

Morning by Morning, November 21 -- The Grip of God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In the holy communion of prayer, make me one with You, one with the Body of Christ, one in ministry to all the world, to the ends of the earth, until I feast with You at Your heavenly banquet in final victory.  ...

"I will deliver you from the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem you from the grip of the terrible" (Jeremiah 15:21, NKJV).

At a Thanksgiving celebration with my friends Liz and Joe at Threads of Love Ministries in San Antonio, we passed around the letters from the word "Thanksgiving" and gave thanks to You in testimony with the letter we drew from the basket. I drew "G" and You brought the word "Grip" to mind, for the Grip of God upon my life.

Lord God Almighty, You've gripped my heart in Your hand by the power of Your love. You've broken "the hand of the wicked" and delivered me out of "the grip of the terrible." You've saved me from hell, forgiven me from sin, healed me of wounds, and delivered me from evil. You've freed me from the chains of my past, exposed the lies of my enemy, and shut the mouth of my accuser. You've cleansed me in the blood of Jesus, filled me with the Holy Spirit, and embraced me with the love of the Father to call me Your son. You've caused all things to work together for good, and all that was intended for evil You have turned around and redeemed for good. "For I know my Redeemer lives" (Job 19:25).

Every moment of every day, You hold me in Your no-slip grip and never let me go (John 10:28).  And You pour out blessings upon me exceedingly, abundantly more than I could ever ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20).

Truly, I am a blessed man. I give thanks and praise to You, O Lord, from a grateful heart, redeemed in Your unfailing, steadfast, unstoppable love (Psalm 42:8). "I waited patiently for the Lord; He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Happy are those who make the Lord their trust!" (Psalm 40:1-4) In Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen!

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

  
My Friend,  I pray you will know the firm grip of God every moment of every day of your life, redeeming all things in the power of His steadfast love for you. Please pray the same the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue