Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Morning by Morning, August 12 - Nothing without Love

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I give to You the first thoughts of my day and welcome You into every moment to come.  ...

"If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing" (1 Corinthians 13:1-3).

A life lived in love is the "more excellent way" (v. 12:31). And if I do not have love, I really have nothing at all. And You've created us to grow in wisdom and maturity to come to understand that love is the heart of life because love is at the heart of who You are. "Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love" (1 John 4:7-8).

That's why the enemy of our souls hates love so much. He comes "to steal and kill and destroy" (John 10:10). He loves to crush our hearts and then harden them. He loves to isolate us, disappoint us, betray us and then tries to get us to vow to never love or trust again. But "the One who is in (us) is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4). You are a God who is always "near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit" (Psalm 34:18). Your "love never fails" (1 Corinthians 13:8, NKJ).

As we humble ourselves to entrust our hearts into Your hands, You heal our broken hearts and set our spirits free to live and love with all hearts again (Isaiah 61:1-4, fulfilled through Jesus Christ in Luke 4:18-19). So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I entrust my heart into Your hands. Help me grow in the wisdom and maturity of love. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you grow in the wisdom and maturity of love and may you experience the fullness of the love of God through Jesus Christ. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, thank you so much for all outpouring of kind notes and wishes on the announcement of my engagement with Rocio! May God be the Lord of our hearts for Him and one another! God bless you and thank you for joining with me in this journey of prayer at the heart of my life.

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue