Thursday, August 21, 2014

Morning by Morning, August 21 - Costly Faith

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to start my day in the communion of prayer, in the intimacy of personal, spiritual relationship with You -- heart to Heart, spirit to Spirit. Make me one with You, one with Your Body of Christ, one in ministry to all the world until I feast with you at Your heavenly banquet in final victory. ...

"Then I saw thrones, and those seated on them were given authority to judge. I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years" (Revelation 20:4).

Now is the time to have settled in our hearts the question of who is Lord of our lives. Now is the time to choose whether I would surrender my life rather than renounce my Savior. Let me have the humility to choose now so that I will have the courage to choose then on a day that may come when I find out just how sincere my faith truly is and what a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ I truly am.

Many are already being forced to make that choice today in our generation. Many will be forced to make that choice in the times to come, according to Your Word:

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places:  all this is but the beginning of the birth pangs. Then they will hand you over to be tortured and will put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. Then many will fall away, and they will betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because of the increase of lawlessness, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. And this good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come" (Matthew 24:7-14).

Lord Jesus, give me grace to hold fast to You, that I many endure to the end -- not only enduring, but faithful to be proclaiming with my life the good news of Your mercy and love throughout the world, to the ends of the earth, in testimony to all nations. Draw me closer to You every day that I will have to the courage to die for You if that day may come and the courage to live for You every day that comes now.

You asked Your first disciples, "When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on earth?" (Luke 18:8)  I pray You will find faith in me on that day to come and find faith in me every day between now and then (Luke 21:27).

"Without faith it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:5). Lord, let pleasing You be the central desire of my life. May I die to self to I can live for Christ. By the power of Your grace, may I be able to say with the sons and daughters of God, the disciples of Christ of every generation, "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is not longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who love me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:19-20). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will be empowered by the Holy Spirit, embraced in the strong arms of your heavenly Father, to endure in your vibrant, personal, intimate faith in Jesus Christ until the end. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, please join together with me in prayer for the people in Iraq and around the world who are being forced to choose to renounce their faith and convert to Islam or die. Though I passionately desire all to choose Christ, every human being has the right and the responsibility to choose to worship God alone according to the faith in their hearts, not according to the deranged, barbaric threats of evil tormentors.


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue