Thursday, June 15, 2017

Morning by Morning, June 15 - Lose Your Life to Save It

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your leading.  ... 

"If any want to become My followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow Me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for My sake, and for the sake of the gospel, will save it. For what will it profit them to gain the whole world and forfeit their life? Indeed, what can they give in return for their life? Those who are ashamed of Me and of My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of them the Son of Man will also be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels" (Mark 8:34-38). 

Lord, what does it mean to lose my life for Your sake and for the sake of the gospel?  ... 

I believe I'm hearing in my heart, "To lose your life for Me is to willingly choose in the freedom you have to fully entrust your life to Me. It's allowing My will to become your will, My thoughts to become your thoughts, My desires to become your desires, My ways to become your ways, so that My nature becomes your nature. It's your choice. And it's a daily choice. It's a journey. And it's a daily journey. But it's the choice that will make all the difference for the journey of your life. Come; follow Me. Come; and keep following Me. It has been and will forever be the best choice you could ever make." 

Yes, Lord. By the power of Your grace, give me the desire and the power to choose well this day and every day. "God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT). Choice by choice, day by day, on my journey of faith, You are conforming me into Your image (Romans 8:29). As You give me the desire and the power to keeping losing my life for You, to keep entrusting my life fully to You, offering my life as "a living sacrifice" to You alone, You are freeing me to be all You created me to be (Romans 12:1-2). 

It's only in Your will that I am free. It's only as I lose my life for Your sake that I can truly live into the fullness of all You long for me to be. Help me grow in my understanding of this truth. As best as I can and all by Your grace, help me grow in my complete trust and full surrender of my life to You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you live into the fullness of all you were were created to be -- willingly choosing to lose your life for the sake of Christ, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!