Thursday, June 29, 2017

Morning by Morning, June 29 - He Makes Bitter Waters Sweet

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart to align my steps with Your path for my life.  ... 

"Then Moses ordered Israel to set out from the Red Sea and they went into the wilderness of Shur. They went three days in the wilderness and found no water. When they came to Marah, they could not drink the water of Marah because it was bitter. That is why it was called Marah. And the people complained against Moses, saying, 'What shall we drink?' He cried out to the Lord; and the Lord showed him a piece of wood; he threw it into the water, and the water became sweet" (Exodus 15:22-25). 

In You, we're on a spiritual journey out of the bondage of Egpyt, through the wilderness, and into the promised land of our destiny. And along the way we can grow weary and worn. We can give in to the negative attitudes of murmuring and complaining and criticizing. We can let our faith waiver as we begin to forget Your faithfulness for salvation and deliverance so many times before and start to lose our vision and hope for the destiny You've set before us. And sometimes we have to admit all that happened just yesterday! 

But You are the God who makes our bitter waters sweet. Just like You showed Moses a piece of wood, You remind us of Your cross. The power of Your cross and Your sacrifice of love for every one of us is the power of God for our salvation, for our healing, for our deliverance that refreshes us and renews us to continue the journey. Just as You showed the children of Israel that day, You show us every day You are Jehovah Rapha, "the Lord who heals you" (Exodus 15:26). 

In You, I can "taste and see that the Lord is good!" (Psalm 34:8) In You, I can remember that just as You were with me before, You are with me now, and You will be with me through whatever I face on the journey ahead. You are "the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8). You'll "never leave (me) or forsake (me)" (Hebrews 13:5). You are "the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End ... Who is and Who was and Who is to come, the Almighty!" (Revelation 1:8 NKJV) You are "I Am!" (Exodus 3:14) And You're always with me -- always making my bitter waters sweet! (Matthew 28:20) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you drink deeply from the Living Waters every day, from the One who makes the bitter waters sweet, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

  

  

Friends, thank you so much for your prayers for us in ministry in Kentucky this week. Last night I was honored and excited to join dear friends, Brooke and Shannon Barrett, to launch a monthly worship and prayer service at their home church, River of Life Foursquare Church in Berea, Kentucky. They were led to call it "The Water's Edge" and the I believe the Lord gave me this prophetic picture the bitter waters made sweet last night to speak of this place to come and be refreshed and renewed along the spiritual journey. We had a wonderfully deep and intimate time in the Presence of the Lord last night, wth much freedom and testimonies and expression of God's good gifts for His children in an atmosphere saturated in worship, praise, and the healing love of Jesus Christ. I pray the same for you!

 Now for the rest of the week and through the weekend, I'll be teaching on healing and deliverance prayer ministry and joining the prayer ministry team at the Aldersgate Conference of Spiritual Renewal at the Lexington Convention Centerin Lexington, Kentucky. Please continue to keep us in prayer. I'm excited to see what God will do, in us and in you! God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!