Thursday, June 22, 2017

Morning by Morning, June 22 - The Shining
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me begin my day well -- embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. Hold firmly to the word of life" (Philippians 2:15-16 NLT).
 
Clean me up and shine me off, Lord. Get more of the life of this world out of me so more of Your word of life can shine through me. I'm not better than anyone, but I do want to become better than who I am -- being transformed by Your renewing of my mind (Romans 12:2), being conformed into Your image (Romans 8:29), being changed from the inside out, from glory to glory, to be more like You each day (2 Corinthians 3:18).
 
You are "the Word of Life" (1 John 1:1). You are "the Light of the World" (John 8:12). And You want Your words and Your life and Your light to fill me up and then flow out and shine through me. Though You said You are the Light of the Word, You also said of us, as Your disciples and children of God, "You are the light of the world" (Matthew 5:14). That's because "the Spirit of Christ" is in us (Romans 8:9). Christ is in us, shining through us (Colossians 1:27). In You, we are the shining -- shining ones, reflecting Your glory and Your hope to all who desperately need to encounter and embrace the Word of Life in our world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you shine with the light of the glory of God shining through you with His hope and life today, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

  


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!