Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Morning by Morning, October 24 - Seeing with the Eyes of Heaven
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You into my heart and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, 'The Lord is with you, you mighty warrior'" (Judges 6:16).
 
Gideon saw himself with the eyes of his circumstances, but You saw him with the eyes of heaven (v. 11-13). Gideon spoke out of his pain and disappointment and fear, but You spoke to him with words of his calling and identity and destiny. Gideon wanted to murmur and complain about all that You weren't doing, but You came to commission him and empower him to go be a part of what You were doing. And when Gideon was afraid he could never fulfill Your calling and plans for his life and Your people all on his own and all in his power, You assured him he would never have to:  "Go in this might of yours and deliver Israel from the hand of Midian; I hereby commission you.... I will be with you" (Judges 6:14-16).
 
You allowed Gideon to give ask his questions, to give voice to his concerns, and express his doubts. You even allowed him to set out a "fleece" to test the faithfulness of Your promises in all of his doubts and fears (v. 36-40). But at the same time, even in the midst of Gideon's timidity and uncertainty, You gave him courage and faith, as You inspired him and empowered him. And when the time came for him to step out in faith and move forward in obedience, You possessed him with Your Spirit:  "The Spirit of the Lord took possession of Gideon!" (v. 34)
 
You kept speaking to his spirit and confronting his fears each step of the way along the path of his destiny. And "he worshipped" You in response to Your guidance and hope, with Your assurance of Your presence through every he would face (v. 7:15). You gave him great victories for himself and for his people, fulfilling the promise of Your word (v. 8:28).
 
Gideon was no saint, and he still struggled with temptations and sin, even in the light of all You had done (v. 8:22-27). Yet in Your mercy and love, for him and his people, You moved mightily on their behalf. "The land had rest forty years in the days of Gideon" (v. 8:28).
 
Lord, You know my struggles with temptations and sin. You know the times my doubts and fears try to hold me back from all You've created me to be and commissioned me to do. So I'm forever in need of my Savior. I'm forever in need of Your mercy and love. I'm forever in need of Your Spirit to possess me and inspire me and empower me. It's only in You that I can know my identity and fulfill my destiny. 
 
So I'm forever thankful that I am in You and You are in me (John 14:20 and 17:21; Romans 8:9-11). And I'm forever thankful that Your Spirit possesses me to see You and myself with the eyes of heaven -- "so that, with the eyes of (my) heart enlightened, (I) may know what is the hope to which (You) have called (me)" (Ephesians 1:18). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you'll see with the eyes of heaven, as the Spirit of the Lord possesses you and empowers you to know your identity and fulfill your destiny in Christ, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!

   


Friends, I'm excited to be publishing my new book -- 
Free to Be Like Jesus! (Updated and Revised 3rd Edition)endorsed by Max Lucado, Andy Reese and Randy Clark. 
Click Here to Order One Today through Amazon/CreateSpace

 

Endorsement from Max Lucado:
"Tommy Hays has spent a lifetime studying the place of prayer in inner healing. I have personally benefitted from his teaching, writing, and encouragement. This book gathers a wealth of helpful insights and experiences into one volume. I am honored to have it on my shelf and honored to call Tommy my friend."
Endorsement from Andy Reese,
Author of Freedom Tools:
"Tommy Hays combines a lawyer's keen logic with a spiritual intuition to bring inner healing to a practical, effective, and applied level. His proven techniques have been used in hundreds of ministry settings and can serve as simple yet profound tools in the hands of even the novice minister."
Endorsement from Randy Clark,
Global Awakening:
"Free to Be Like Jesus! will take you on a journey to learn more about the inner healing ministry. This book has many foundational spiritual truths and will help you if you want more healing in your own life, or if you want more tools to assist you in your inner healing ministry."
 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Blue