Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Morning by Morning, October 31 - Revolution of Reformation

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords. I bow low and lift You high, as I begin my day, both reverently and intimately, in the Presence of my King in the communion of prayer with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ... 

"For I am not ashamed of the Gospel; it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Gentile. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed through faith for faith; as it is written, 'The one who is righteous will live by faith'" (Romans 1:16-17). 

Today marks the 500th anniversary of the Reformation -- the day the Catholic Monk, Martin Luther, nailed his Ninety-Five Theses to the door of the All Saints' Church in Wittenberg, Germany. It set off a revolution of reformation against many practices and doctrines that had crept into the teachings and traditions of the Roman Catholic Church. Luther was especially and passionately incensed against the spiritually coerced practice of requiring "indulgences" as payment to the church for the salvation of souls being purged in the fires of "purgatory." It's said that perhaps the straw that broke the camel's back for Luther was the inflammatory saying of Fr. Johann Tetzel, the Papal representative tasked with raising money from the people for building the basilica of St. Peter in Rome, "As soon as the coin in the coffer rings, the soul from purgatory springs!" 

It's not our coins but our hearts, turned to you in faith alone that determines our eternal destiny. And as I understand Your Word, there is no "purgatory," for "we are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8). Thank You, Lord Jesus, that You have paid the penalty for my sins that I am forever cleansed of all unrighteousness through the repentance of my heart (1 John 1:9 and 2:2; Romans 5:8; Isaiah 53:5; Hebrews 7:7). When we depart this earthly realm in faith, we are with You in Your heavenly realm forever (Philippians 1:23; John 3:16). Though our works in this world may tested in the fire, we never will because of Your mercy and grace by the sacrifice and power of Your love for us (1 Corinthians 3:12-17; 1 John 4:10). "Through Him God was pleased to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross" (Colossians 1:20). 

Come, Holy Spirit. Awaken a revolution of reformation in my soul today. Cleanse my sins in the blood of Christ. Purify my heart in Your holy fire. Let my soul spring forth, filled with Your Spirit, to turn "(my) world upside down" in the name of Jesus for the glory of God and the salvation and sanctification of souls by faith alone (Acts 17:6). "For by grace (we) have been saved through faith, and this is not (our) own doing; it is the gift of God -- not the result of works, so that no one may boast" (Ephesians 2:8). I "set all (my) hope on the grace that Jesus Christ will bring (me) when He is revealed" (1 Peter 1:13). As I embrace Your free gift of grace, stir up my heart to share the hope and good news of this glorious Gospel through my life today (1 Peter 3:15)! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




I pray the Holy Spirit awaken in your soul a revolution of reformation, sending you out in His power and love to share your hope and faith in Jesus Christ to turn your world upside down today, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!
 
   
Friends, thank you so much for all your prayer for us, as I was able to minister this past weekend in Bedford, Pennsylvaniaat the Men's Wild Game Dinner at the Bedford High Schooland at a men's gathering and three Sunday morning services at 
Bedford United Methodist Church. The Holy Spirit moved mightily and I'm excited to be a part of what the Lord is doing and will continue to do. I pray the same for your church and community!



Friends, I'm excited to be publishing my new book -- 
Free to Be Like Jesus! (Updated and Revised 3rd Edition)endorsed by Max Lucado, Andy Reese and Randy Clark. 
Click Here to Order One Today through Amazon/CreateSpace

Endorsement from Max Lucado:
"Tommy Hays has spent a lifetime studying the place of prayer in inner healing. I have personally benefitted from his teaching, writing, and encouragement. This book gathers a wealth of helpful insights and experiences into one volume. I am honored to have it on my shelf and honored to call Tommy my friend."
Endorsement from Andy Reese,
Author of Freedom Tools:
"Tommy Hays combines a lawyer's keen logic with a spiritual intuition to bring inner healing to a practical, effective, and applied level. His proven techniques have been used in hundreds of ministry settings and can serve as simple yet profound tools in the hands of even the novice minister."
Endorsement from Randy Clark,
Global Awakening:
"Free to Be Like Jesus! will take you on a journey to learn more about the inner healing ministry. This book has many foundational spiritual truths and will help you if you want more healing in your own life, or if you want more tools to assist you in your inner healing ministry."
 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Blue