Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Morning by Morning, October 25 - Holy Hunger
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift my eyes and open my heart to welcome Your Word and Your Spirit into me and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"Remember the long way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, in order to humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep His commandments. He humbled you by letting you hunger, then by feeding you with manna, with which neither you nor your ancestors were acquainted, in order to make you understand that one does not live by bread alone, but qby every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord" (Deuteronomy 8:2-3).
 
Give me a holy hunger. Give me a hunger for Your Word and for Your Spirit, for Your promises and for Your presence. Rather than being filled up in a moment with the food that will never satisfy me, give me the grace to wait for the "manna" that only You can provide. Let the delays of "the long way" make me hungrier still for the only One who ever satisfy the longing of my soul.
 
As You humble my heart with this holy hunger, as You guide my steps along the long and narrow way that leads to life in You, give me persevering faith to believe You're using it all to make me more like You each day, to conform me into the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). The journey will be worth it. 
 
Just as You led Israel on her journey, so You're leading me to on my journey to the place You've prepared for me all along. "For the Lord (my) God is bringing (me) into a good land ... where (I) will lack nothing.... (I) shall eat (my) fill and bless the Lord (my) God for the good land that He has given (me)!" (Deuteronomy 8:7-10)  
 
As You have said to all who would choose to humble themselves and follow You, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled" (Matthew 5:6). In the power of Your grace, give me that holy hunger and righteous thirst for You today. "'Come,' my heart says, 'seek His face!' Your face, Lord, do I seek" (Psalm 27:8). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you'll hunger and thirst for the One who longs to fill you with His Word and His Spirit to make you more like Him each day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!
 
   
Friends, please keep me in prayer for the Lord's anointing and power as I minister this weekend in Bedford, Pennsylvaniaat the  Men's Wild Game Dinner at the Bedford High Schooland Sunday morning at Bedford United Methodist Church. Thank you for all your encouragement and prayers. 
God bless you!


Friends, I'm excited to be publishing my new book -- 
Free to Be Like Jesus! (Updated and Revised 3rd Edition)endorsed by Max Lucado, Andy Reese and Randy Clark. 
Click Here to Order One Today through Amazon/CreateSpace

Endorsement from Max Lucado:
"Tommy Hays has spent a lifetime studying the place of prayer in inner healing. I have personally benefitted from his teaching, writing, and encouragement. This book gathers a wealth of helpful insights and experiences into one volume. I am honored to have it on my shelf and honored to call Tommy my friend."
Endorsement from Andy Reese,
Author of Freedom Tools:
"Tommy Hays combines a lawyer's keen logic with a spiritual intuition to bring inner healing to a practical, effective, and applied level. His proven techniques have been used in hundreds of ministry settings and can serve as simple yet profound tools in the hands of even the novice minister."
Endorsement from Randy Clark,
Global Awakening:
"Free to Be Like Jesus! will take you on a journey to learn more about the inner healing ministry. This book has many foundational spiritual truths and will help you if you want more healing in your own life, or if you want more tools to assist you in your inner healing ministry."
 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Blue