Wednesday, April 15, 2020

"Pure and Secure" through the "Sifting and Shaking" - Morning by Morning, April 15, 2020

Morning by Morning, April 15 - More "Pure and Secure" through the "Sifting and Shaking"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Thank You for the grace that I can be on this journey with You every day -- looking to You (Hebrews 12:2), hearing Your voice (John 10:27), following in Your steps (1 Peter 2:21), as You make me more like You each day and each step of the way (Romans 8:29). ...
 
As listen for Your leading this morning -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- I believe I hear in my heart "sifting and shaking." ...
 
As I ponder what You're saying in my spirit, Scripture comes to mind:
 
"Simon, Simon, listen! Satan has demanded to sift all of you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your own faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned back, strengthen your brothers" (Luke 22:31-22).
 
"See that you do not refuse the One who is speaking; for if they did not escape when they refused the One who warned them on earth, how much less will we escape if we reject the One who warns from heaven! At that time His voice shook the earth; but now He has promised, 'Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heaven.' This phrase, 'Yet once more,' indicates the removal of what is shaken -- that is, created things -- so that what cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us give thanks, by which we offer God an acceptable worship with reverence and awe; for indeed our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:25-29).
 
Satan comes to "sift" and You come to "shake."
 
Right now, it seems like Satan is sifting the world and You are shaking the world. But whether it's Satan or whether it's You, let our faith in You be strengthened. Let all that's in us that's not yet like You be sifted out and shaken out so that what remains is pure and secure.
 
Yes, Lord. By the power of Your grace, make me more "pure and secure" through the "sifting and shaking." In all honesty and in seeking to come to a place of deeper humility, I have to admit there are some things in me that are not yet "pure" and some things in me that not yet "secure." But You're not judging me and condemning me; You're using all I'm going through to help me, to heal me, to free me, to mature me, to strengthen me and empower me to be all You've created me to be.
 
As I keep looking to You, listening for Your leading, seeking to follow in Your steps through all I go through, all this "sifting and shaking" -- no matter the source -- will make me more like You every day. You'll not waste a moment; You'll not miss an opportunity. You'll take it all and cause it all to work together for my good and for Your goal of conforming me into the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:28-29). As You are, so am I to be in my world (1 John 4:17). As I behold You, Your Spirit is changing me into Your image, from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18).
 
This is how I receive "a Kingdom that cannot be shaken" (Hebrews 12:28). This is how You're forming and shaping Your unshakeable Kingdom in me -- "For, in fact, the Kingdom of God is within me" (Luke 21:21). "For the Kingdom of God is ... righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17). Lord, let it be so in me -- more pure, more secure, more and more like You every day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you become more "pure and secure" through all the "sifting and shaking" going on in your world, as you are being set free to be more like Jesus each day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!