Friday, April 03, 2020

"Trust in Me Alone" - Morning by Morning, April 3, 2020

Morning by Morning, April 3 - "Trust in Me Alone"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I make room for You in my heart, as I look and listen to begin my day grounded in Your Word and filled with Your Spirit -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is in the Lord.
He is like a tree planted by the water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit" (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
 
As I read this morning these Words of God I've read many times before -- Words of Spirit and Life, Words of hope and strength, Words that inspire me and empower me -- I see something I had not seen before. Your Word says "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord" and then Your Word says "whose trust is in the Lord." Is there a difference, Lord? Or is this just poetic expression, with the same meaning about trusting You expressed slightly differently? ...
 
I sense in my spirit that there is a difference. Or at least there is a difference You are speaking to me today from Your Word applied personally to me today. I sense You are saying, "Many trust in Me, as they should, for I am trustworthy and true, and I provide My grace in their time of need. But fewer fully put all their trust in Me. They trust in Me but also trust in other things. Blessed are they whose trust is in Me alone." ...
 
Yes, Lord. Help me take hold what You are speaking. Forgive me for when I have trusted in other things, along with trusting in You. I'm thankful for the other things You have placed in my life to help me, to support me, to be there for me as I needed them; but at the same time, help me always see You alone are the Source of all I have needed and all I've been provided. You alone are worthy of my trust. By the power of Your grace at work within me, let me be one "whose trust is in the Lord," whose trust is in You alone.
 
The words of the old hymn come to mind from Great is Thy Faithfulness -- "All I have needed Thy hands hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me."
 
With my trust in You alone, I will be like a tree planted by the water. My roots will keep growing deep into Your Living Waters. I will be grounded in Your Word and filled with Your Spirit. I will not fear when the heat comes and I will not be anxious in the year of drought. And by the power of Your grace, I will not cease to bear fruit, no matter what I face or what season I go through. My leaves will remain green -- even if at times when it feels like there's only one green leaf left -- my roots in You will keep me grounded and Your Spirit in me will keep me alive in Christ and ready to flourish when the time comes.
 
Now I believe I'm hearing in my heart, "Stay steady in Me. Stand firm in Me. With My Word and My Spirit in you, you will not waiver, you will not wither, you will flourish." ...
 
Yes, Lord. Let it be so -- for me and for all whose trust is in You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you trust in the Lord alone and may you see His if faithful to provide all you need and even make you to flourish -- all in His time, all in His way, and all by His grace, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   
Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!