Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Wave after Wave of Glory!" - Morning by Morning, April 22

Morning by Morning, April 22 - "Wave after Wave of Glory!"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, filled with Your Holy Spirit -- I seek You and seek Your leading to begin my day in deep communion with You. ...
 
"For the waves of death encompassed me,
the torrents of perdition assailed me; 
the cords of Sheol entangled me,
the snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called upon the Lord; 
to my God I called.
From His temple He heard my voice,
and my cry came to His ears" 
(2 Samuel 22:5-7).
 
We've been hearing now about this world-wide plague possibly coming in waves. It makes me think of a relentless army coming ashore in wave after wave of attack. But what You immediately bring up from my spirit and into mind is "wave after wave of glory." The glory of Your manifest Presence -- with us and within us -- that gives us the wisdom and the power to withstand every wave that would come against us.
 
In humility, we admit we cannot overcome in our own wisdom and power and confess we need Yours. In desperation and distress, we cry out to You, we call upon the Lord. In faith, we believe You hear the voice of our cries, You see the desperation of our needs. And in thanksgiving and praise, even before we see it made manifest with our physical eyes what we're believing with our spiritual eyes, we declare as the voice of the redeemed that "wave after wave of glory" will defeat this enemy and even cover the earth. "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!" (Psalm 107:2) For the Promise of Your Word will come to pass: "The earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea" (Habakkuk 2:14).
 
You responded with wisdom and power for David when He cried out to You in his distress, as he faced the waves of destruction. And we thank You now that You are responding with wisdom and power as we cry out to You in our day:
 
Then the earth reeled and rocked;
    the foundations of the heavens trembled
    and quaked, because He was angry.
Smoke went up from His nostrils,
    and devouring fire from His mouth;
    glowing coals flamed forth from Him.
He bowed the heavens, and came down;
    thick darkness was under His feet.
He rode on a cherub, and flew;
    He was seen upon the wings of the wind.
He made darkness around Him a canopy,
    thick clouds, a gathering of water.
Out of the brightness before Him
    coals of fire flamed forth.
The Lord thundered from heaven;
    the Most High uttered His voice.
He sent out arrows, and scattered them
    -lightning, and routed them.
Then the channels of the sea were seen,
    the foundations of the world were laid bare
at the rebuke of the Lord,
    at the blast of the breath of His nostrils.
He reached from on high, He took me,
    He drew me out of mighty waters.
He delivered me from my strong enemy,
    from those who hated me;
    for they were too mighty for me.
They came upon me in the day of my calamity,
    but the Lord was my stay.
He brought me out into a broad place;
    He delivered me, because He delighted in me"
(2 Samuel 22:8-20).
 
Deliver us, Lord! Draw us up out of the mighty waters of this strong enemy of destruction, too mighty for humanity to handle in our wisdom and power! Send Your waves of glory, "wave after wave of glory" to fill our heart and fill the earth with a great awareness of Your Presence, with all the wisdom and power we need to overcome. And we thank You now that You will even turn it all around into a world-wide repentance to see a world-wide salvation like the world has never seen! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be filled with God's Holy Spirit, with wave after wave of the glory of His manifest Presence, trusting Him to give the wisdom and power we need in our world to overcome and even see the great salvation of the Lord in our day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

    

Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!