Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Chosen for These Days! - Morning by Morning, April 21, 2020

Morning by Morning, April 21 - Chosen for These Days!
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in mind and Your desires in my heart to lead me to walk in Your ways today -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"But now hear, O Jacob My servant, Israel whom I have chosen! Thus says the Lord who made you, who formed you in the womb and will help you: Do not fear, O Jacob My servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit upon your descendants, and My blessings on your offspring. They shall spring up like a green tamarisk, like willows by flowing streams. This one will say, 'I am the Lord's,' another will be called by the name of Jacob, yet another will write on the hand, 'The Lord's,' and adopt the name of Israel" (Isaiah 44:1-5).
 
Even when it's dry, You lift our eyes to see the time to come when new life will "spring up." Even when we're thirsty, You fill our hearts with hope of the living water that will flow again like rushing streams across our land.
 
There's no need to fear, for we are chosen. There's no need to give in to worry or fret about what will happen, for we were formed in our mother's womb to be alive and on the earth for just such a time as this.
 
Even when we're concerned for our children -- for their well-being, for their physical and emotional and mental and spiritual health through such unprecedented times and whatever times are to come -- there's no need to lose our peace or lose our hope, for You have said You will pour out  Your Spirit and Your blessings upon them. All in Your time, all in Your way, Your heart is to take everything they are going through to turn their hearts to You. "And we believe they will say, "I am the Lord's." You'll call them by name and they will find their identity in You as children of God. "For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us" (2 Corinthians 1:20).
 
Father, thank You for allowing me to be alive in these days. Thank You for choosing me to be one of those who will have the opportunity to love You and serve You and glorify You with my life and the lives of my children through these unprecedented days. You'll provide all the grace and guidance I need, for Your grace is always sufficient for me and Your power is even made perfect in my weaknesses (2 Corinthians 12:9).
 
Holy Spirit of the Living God, fill me up with Your Living Waters. Give me grace to keep looking up, to keep looking forward, to all You are doing in me and in my world in these days. "Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that was to be (ours) made careful search and inquiry.... It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but (us), in regard to the things that have now been announced to (us) through those who brought (us) good news by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven -- things into which angels long to look!" (1 Peter 1:10-12).
 
Praise You, Lord Jesus! It's an honor to be chosen to be alive in these days! With You in our hearts, may Your name be exalted in our world. With every soul that is saved, with every life that is changed, may You receive Your reward for all You've done for all of us! May we be astonished by the magnitude of Your grace in our days in fulfillment of Your promises and Your heart for our world for all who will turn to You. "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some think of slowness, but is patient with (us), not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be filled with joy and hope and excited anticipation of all the Lord will do in us and our world in these days He chose in His sovereignty and love for us to be alive and make a difference in Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!