Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Preparing for Passover - Morning by Morning, April 8, 2020

Morning by Morning, April 8 - Preparing for Passover
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Passover begins tonight at sunset; and I thank You that You are my Passover Lamb, that You are the ultimate fulfillment the Passover event, the Passover meal, and the Passover remembrance. It's Your blood over the doorposts of my heart that causes the power of sin and death to pass over me, for You are the Lamb of God who has taken away my sin and the sin of the world (John 1:29). ...
 
"Then came the day of Unleavened Bread, on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. So Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, 'Go and prepare the Passover meal for us that we may eat it.' They asked Him, 'Where do you want us to make preparations for it?' 'Listen, He said to them, 'when you have entered the city a man carrying a jar of water will meet you; follow him into the house he enters and say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher asks you, 'Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?' He will show you a large room upstairs, already furnished. Make preparations for us there.' So they went and found everything as He had told them; and they prepared the Passover meal" (Luke 22:7-13).
 
As I watch and wait for the leading of Your Holy Spirit, I sense You are saying in my heart, "Prepare for the Passover. Passover is more than an event of the past. Passover is a living and intimate encounter with Me every moment of your life. By the power of My blood, sin and death passes over you and all who humble themselves to trust in Me and turn to Me as their Lord and Savior." ...
 
Yes, Lord. I thank You for the sacrifice and the power of Your blood. I thank You for all You have done for us -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. As I remember the Passover, when the Angel of Death passed over the children of Israel in the land of Egypt, I remember that sin and death passes over me by the power of Your blood as I trust in You, my Lord and my Savior (Exodus 12:1-28; Colossians 1:20).
 
"Through (Jesus Christ) God was pleased to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross" (Colossians 1:20). As You said, "Unless you repent, you will all perish" (Luke 13:5). "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Romans 10:13). "The Lord is patient toward (us), not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9).
 
Today I prepare my heart for Passover -- not just to remember and celebrate an event that happened long ago -- whether the supper of unleavened bread in Egypt or whether the Last Supper You shared with Your disciples in Jerusalem during that Holy Week on Your way to the cross. But I prepare my heart for a fresh encounter with You now -- a living and intimate encounter with You every moment of my life. Because of Your eternal sacrifice as the Lamb of God, my sin is forgiven and You are with me always (Matthew 28:20).
 
In that last Passover meal, the Last Supper You shared with Your disciples, You called them to prepare a place for communion with You in an upper room. You shared with them Your heart and called them to remember that Your heart would always be with them through the living Presence of the Living Christ.
 
My Father, I thank You for the Sacrifice of Your Son for me and for the sin of the world. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved" (John 3:16-17).
 
Holy Spirit, come and prepare my heart in the upper room of prayer for a fresh encounter with the living Presence of the living Christ -- today and every day. As I take time to remember the body and the blood of Christ in the intimacy of this deep communion with You in humility, surrender, and trust, I honor and celebrate the mercy and love of my Passover Lamb -- the Lamb of God who has taken away my sin and sin of the world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you prepare for a fresh encounter with Jesus -- with the living Presence of the living Christ -- in the upper room of your heart in remembrance, repentance, and thanksgiving to the Lamb of God who has taken away your sin and the sin of the world, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

        
Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!