Friday, April 10, 2020

Behold the Lamb, High and Lifted Up - Morning by Morning, April 10, 2020

Morning by Morning, April 10 - Behold the Lamb, High and Lifted Up
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. On this Good Friday, I welcome You here in my heart and every moment of my day, because this day is called Good only because You are a good God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- who gave Your life as my Sacrifice on the Cross that I could live forgiven and free, forever with You. ...
 
"And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to Myself" (John 12:32).
 
You were lifted up from the earth on the Cross. And from that day, people in every generation and every nation have been drawn by Your Holy Spirit to look up to You and all You have done for us. "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the word" (John 1:29). "You were slain, and by Your blood You ransomed people for God from every tribe and tongue and people and nation" (Revelation 5:9).
 
Before that day came, You prophesied for all to hear, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing on My own, but speak exactly what the Father has taught Me" (John 8:28). And when that day came -- as You suffered well to die for our sins in the mercy and love of our Father for us -- even the Roman soldier who stood in Your Presence to witness Your death on the Cross saw the truth and declared that truth to the world for generations to come: "Truly this Man was the Son of God!" (Mark 15:39) Surely we can do no less.
 
Worthy are You, Lord Jesus Christ! "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!" (Revelation 5:12)
 
Worthy are You to be welcomed into our hearts as Lord and Savior. Worthy are You to be high and lifted up in our praise. Worthy are You to receive the full measure of Your reward -- the hearts and souls of all who live, of all who choose to humbly bow and lift You up as Lord of all. "For all who call on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Romans 10:13). "Jesus Christ -- He is Lord of all!" (Acts 10:36)
 
In three days, we'll remember and celebrate Your resurrection. Throughout the earth, we will acknowledge You as our Resurrection and Life, as the Risen Christ and Lord of all! Be today I take time to behold You as the Lamb of God, who died on the Cross for me. All that should have been upon me was laid upon You in Your sacrifice of love I can't even begin to fully comprehend.
 
"Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all" (Isaiah 53:4-6, fulfilled in Matthew 8:17).
 
As I behold You, high and lifted up, all I can really say in this moment is, "Thank You. Thank You, Lord Jesus, for loving me this much." ... In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you take time to look up and behold the Lamb, high and lifted up on the Cross for you, with a heart full of thanksgiving and praise for the One who is worthy of it all, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!