Thursday, April 23, 2020

"Jesus" -- A Simple and Powerful Prayer - Morning by Morning, April 23, 2020

Morning by Morning, April 23 - "Jesus" -- A Simple and Powerful Prayer
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I begin this day "looking to Jesus" -- "the Author and Finisher of (my) faith" (Hebrews 12:2). ...
 
As I begin my prayer this morning, this simple prayer is rising up in my heart -- "Jesus." 
 
This simple name, but powerful name, that is above every name is rising up in my heart -- "Jesus."
 
The Word of God that comes to mind is this: "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13).
 
To be "saved" is to have eternal life in You. But to be "saved" is also to have the fullness of Your life in us now. I've taught many times of all the Scriptures that speak of the fullness of Your salvation in every area of our lives through the power of Your name -- eternal life, healing, deliverance, freedom from all that would hold us back from being all we're created to be, released from every burden that would weigh us down, forgiveness of every sin that entangle us and trip us up. But this morning, I don't sense the desire to teach or to preach as much as I desire to simply pray Your name over everything in my life and my world -- "Jesus." ...
 
For the global pandemic of this virus and all its destruction to our global health and global economy, I pray -- "Jesus."
 
For the need for Godly wisdom for all our leaders and everyone making critical decisions that affect their lives and the lives of others, I pray -- "Jesus."
 
For the need of world-wide repentance and return, of world-wide surrender and trust, of world-wide revival and awakening, through the only One who is the Answer to all our questions, the Source of all our needs, and the Savior of all our world, I pray -- "Jesus."
 
For every personal need that I have and for those entrusted to my care, for forgiveness of our sins, for healing of our wounds, for freedom from our bondage, for overcoming of our fears, for clarity of our thoughts, for purity of our hearts, for transformation of souls and every area of our lives, I pray -- "Jesus."
 
I pray Your name. I speak Your name. I call on Your name. "Jesus."
 
For Yours is "the name that is above every name" (Philippians 2:9). "For there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13).
 
So I Join with all those who humble their hearts and bow their knees to turn to You and call on Your name in this simple and powerful prayer -- "Jesus."
 
It's my prayer and my proclamation -- "Jesus." Around the world and in every area of our lives, let it be our prayer and our proclamation together  -- "Jesus." For there is power in the name of Jesus. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be filled a deep peace as you pray the name of Jesus, as you speak out and proclaim the name of Jesus over all that's on your heart and come to you mind in agreement with me and will who call on His name, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

     

Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!