Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Hungry for Revelation - Morning by Morning, May 13, 2020

Morning by Morning, May 13 - Hungry for Revelation
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart and every moment of my day. ...
 
"Then (Jesus) said to them, 'These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.' And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures" (Luke 24:44-45).
 
After the Day of Your Resurrection and before the Day of Pentecost, You were speaking to Your disciples. You spoke of what had been and what was to come. And You were speaking from the Scriptures of the Word of God -- the Law of Moses, the Prophets, the Psalms. But You were not speaking to them from these Scriptures in general, You were speaking specifically from these Scriptures about You. You were expressing and explaining how what was written was coming to life and being "fulfilled" in You.
 
As they listened in, You "opened their understanding." As they leaned in, You helped them "comprehend the Scriptures." And what You were helping them hear and understand and comprehend was that the Word of God is fulfilled in You. You are the Word of God (John 1:1). You are the Word made Flesh, to come and dwell among us and open up the Word of God to us (John 1:14).
 
In these days for us, between the Day of the Resurrection and the Day of Pentecost, draw me nearer to You, Lord Jesus. With all Your disciples around the world in every tribe and tongue and nation, I am eagerly waiting with expectant faith for the Day of Pentecost soon to come. Like so many around the world, I'm stirred with great desire for a fresh outpouring of Your Holy Spirit in our day.
 
So between now and then, give me greater hunger for Your Word, a deeper thirst for Your Presence. Give me a passionate desire to seek You and see You in the Scriptures of the Word of God all that is written of You. Give me "spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of (You)" (Ephesians 1:17). Then "with the eyes of (my) heart enlightened, (I) may know what is the hope to which (You) have called (me)" in these unprecedented, unfolding days (Ephesians 1:18).
 
With all Your disciples yearning to be awaked and come alive in a fresh outpouring of Your Spirit in these days, open my understanding, that I might comprehend. I open my spirit, that I might receive, all that You desire to pour into me and into Your disciples around the world in the days to come. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you be stirred with great hunger for revelation of Jesus, yearning with expectant faith for a fresh outpouring of His Holy Spirit in the days to come, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

                     

Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays


Please share this word to encourage a friend!