Friday, May 08, 2020

Think on These Things" - Morning by Morning, May 8, 2020

Morning by Morning, May 8 - "Think on These Things"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my heart and the foundation of my day. ...
 
As I listen for Your leading, I hear in my heart, "Think on these things." ...
 
Yes, Lord. Of course Your Word comes to mind from the old King James Version:  "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any praise, think on these things" (Philippians 4:8).
 
What I sense You are saying is that I should take time to be intentional about the good things that are going on around me, even going on within me. To thank You and praise You for these good things -- these things that are true and honest and just and pure and lovely and of good report. 
 
Even if there are bad things and hard things going on, whether around me or even within me, I'm not to ignore those things, hide from those things, or play like those things aren't there or don't matter. No, but at the same time, I'm not to allow those things to control me or define me or steal my joy or take my peace or crush my hope. I'm to bring those things to You and lay them before You and release them to You. I'm to "take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" and then turn my thoughts back to You and "whatsoever things are true...." (2 Corinthians 10:5).
 
Your Word cautions us of the spiritual principal that "as (someone) thinks in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7 KJV). What we give our thoughts over to begin to define who we are. They begin to define what we do, how we respond. They influence our emotional health, our physical health, our spiritual health.
 
So by the power of Your grace, I choose to take captive the bad thoughts and bring them into the obedience by submitting them to Christ -- to the name that is above every name, to the truth that is above every lie, to the good plan of God to bring good things out of every bad situation (Philippians 2:9). So then I'm free to "think on these things" that You have set before Me, that You are doing within me, that You are doing in my world around me, despite all the bad things we may be enduring.  
 
By the power of Your grace, I will "think on these things" and give You praise! I will "think on these things" and become the things You are causing me to think in my heart that are true and honest and just and pure and lovely and of good report -- not any of it by what I have done, but all by what You have done and are doing in me. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be empowered by the Spirit of God who is working in you to give you all the desire and power you need to please Him, as you think on the good things He has set before and He is doing within you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

     

Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays


Please share this word to encourage a friend!