Monday, May 04, 2020

"Seek Me First" - Morning by Morning, May 4, 2020

Morning by Morning, May 4 - "Seek Me First"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek You with all my heart -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
I hear in my heart, first thing this morning, "Seek Me first." ...
 
And more ...
 
"Don't look to a person. Don't look to a source of security or provision or satisfaction or anything else that would be a source for anything you need or desire. Look to Me. Seek Me first." ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your written Word comes to mind to confirm Your spoken words in my heart: "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you" (Matthew 6:33).
 
It's a simple word, but so significant. It's a simple principle, but so profound. "Seek Me first."
 
So before I read my emails or the news, before I start checking my texts and looking to see what's going on in my world or what's set before me in my day, I choose to seek You first. 
 
I seek Your face. I listen for Your voice. I watch and wait for Your leading. I enter Your courts with thanksgiving and praise, then surrender in the silence of worship in communion with You -- heart to Heart, spirit to Spirit, deep to Deep.
 
Then from that place -- connected with You, in deep communion with You -- I'm ready to follow You into the moments of my day. Then I'm ready to hear what's on Your heart, to be part of what You've planned, to go where You lead.
 
That's how I see what You're doing and hear what You're saying and follow where You're leading -- step by step, moment by moment, along the journey of my day. Then all that will come along in my day as second and third and fourth and following will only come along in my day after I've first come near to You. When I seek You first "all these things" that I may need or that may need me will be added into my day on top of the firm foundation and deep connection You've already made in me.
 
Thank You, my Father, for speaking Your simple truth into my spirit, as a loving father speaks to a beloved son. Thank You, Lord Jesus my Savior, for reminding me of Your profound wisdom and powerful Word. Thank You, Holy Spirit of the Living God, for abiding within me and leading me in the ways of spirit and life and truth, as You teach me to love well, empower me to live right, and make me more like Jesus each day.
 
O Lord, my God, may I seek You first every day. May I keep seeking You first throughout all the moments of every day. And may I fully trust that all I really need will be added to me -- all in Your time, all in Your way, all from the One I seek first. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be stirred in your spirit to seek God first before anything else and trust in Him to lead you and provide for you in all that you need and all that you do, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

    

Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!