Monday, July 20, 2020

Hearing God's Voice in Our "Tent of Meeting" - July 20, 2020

Morning by Morning, July 20 - Hearing God's Voice in Our "Tent of Meeting"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good Shepherd, here's my heart for You to tend, here's my soul for You to lead, as I look and listen, as I watch and wait, for what You have for me today. ...
 
"Now Moses used to take the tent and pitch it outside the camp, far off from the camp, and he called it the tent of meeting.... When Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent, and the Lord would speak with Moses... Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend" (Exodus 33:7-11).
 
Apart from our salvation, what could be more wonderful than to hear Your voice as we meet with You face to face. That's how You met with Moses, "face to face, as a man speaks to his friend." And yet Moses knew You under the Old Covenant, while You invite everyone of us to know You now under the New Covenant in Christ. "As it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the Old as the Covenant He mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises" (Hebrews 8:6). 
 
Under this New Covenant we have in Christ with this deeply personal and intimate relationship we're each invited to have with You, You call us "friends" (John 15:15) and You invite us to "hear (Your) voice" as You "call (us) by name" (John 10:3). As the sons and daughters of God, we're filled with the Spirit of God (Romans 8:9) and led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14).
 
Our hearts are now Your home (John 15:4) and our bodies are now Your tabernacle (1 Corinthians 6:19). The communion of worship and prayer where we encounter You as our Living God, where the deep of our hearts cries out to the Deep of Your Heart -- deep to Deep, heart to Heart, spirit to Spirit -- is now our "tent of meeting." For "the person who unites himself with the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17).
 
Lord, let me never take so great a salvation, so great a gift, for granted. Awaken me every morning to come meet with You "outside the camp" before stepping into the unfolding of my day. And by the grace of God, may I never leave. May I "live and move and have (my) being" in constant communion and fellowship with You (Acts 17:28). Even as I arise and go, may I know in my spirit that You never leave my heart, but go with me "always," throughout every moment of my day (Matthew 28:20).
 
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with (us) all" (2 Corinthians 13:14). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you hear the voice of the Lord and deeply encounter the Living Presence of the Living God in the place of meeting in your heart -- deep to Deep, heart to Heart, spirit to Spirit, with the One in whom you live and move and have your being, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Another Door of Opportunity in Pakistan Sunday Morning! Thank you so much for your prayers for us Sunday morning. I was thrilled to be able to share a message of hope and healing at the Power Prayer Ministry of Pakistan Church, preaching through Skype with a projector screen and interpretation in Kasar City, Pakistan.


Prayer for Revival in San Antonio!
I'm excited to be part of a group of prayer warriors in our community planning times of prayer for awakening and revival in our community and beyond, being led by Max Lucado in San Antonio. 

Plans are coming together for a citywide prayer for revival gathering where the San Antonio Spurs play basketball and our city holds the San Antonio Rodeo at the Freeman Coliseum/AT&T Center. This will be a Solemn Assembly and Holy Convocation of heartfelt humility and repentance through citywide prayer for ourselves and our land on Sunday Nights, August 9th and 16th. A website with details is coming soon! Please keep us in prayer to follow the Holy Spirit's leading. If you would like to be involved and help spread the word when the time comes, please send me a note: tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!