Monday, July 06, 2020

Living Words of the Living God that Will Not Pass Away - July 6, 2020

Morning by Morning, July 6 - Living Words of the Living God that Will Not Pass Away

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn my eyes upon You and thank You that Your eyes are always upon me and all that matters to me in my world -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ... 

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away"--Jesus (Matthew 24:35). 

If Your words are what will remain when all is said and done, shouldn't Your words be our priority? Shouldn't Your words be our anchor of hope, our rock and refuge, our strong tower and mighty fortress, our revelation of Your absolute truth, Your never-changing character, and Your unfailing promises? Shouldn't the living words of the Living God be our words of spirit and life to give us a living hope every day? 

You said there would come a time when the buildings and monuments we hold dear would crumble and fall, with no stone left upon another (v. 2). You said people would try to lead us astray even as they misrepresent the heart and character of God (v. 5, 11). You said there would be intense struggles, suffering, and persecution against those who stand up and speak out in Your name (v. 9). You said there would be an increase of lawlessness such that even the love of many would grow cold (v. 12). But at the same time, You encouraged us that "the one who endures to the end will be saved" (v. 13) and that in the midst of all the darkness and destruction, all the confusion and chaos, all the opportunities to turn to You and Your ways or turn against You and Your words, "this Good News of the Kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the world as a testimony to all the nations; and then the end will come" (v. 13-14). 

Lord Jesus, You said Your words "are spirit and life" (John 6:63). Let Your words of spirit and life saturate my mind and soak into my soul. Let Your words of spirit and life strengthen me, encourage me, and empower me to stand firm, to speak up, to press on, to persevere -- always speaking the truth in love, and always by the power and grace of Your Spirit deeply abiding in my heart. Give me grace to endure to the end, to keep my love for you and my fellow man from growing cold, and to keep proclaiming Your Good News of Your Kingdom through all we endure and overcome. For Your words will not pass away and Your Kingdom will never end! (Luke 1:33) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be confident and courageous, steadfast and secure, saturated and soaked, in the living words of the Living God that will not pass awayin Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Prayer for Revival in San Antonio!
Friends, I'm excited to be part of a group of prayer warriors in our community planning times of prayer for awakening and revival in our community and beyond, being led by Max Lucado in San Antonio. Please keep us in prayer to follow the Holy Spirit's leading. If you would like to be involved and help spread the word when the time comes, please send me a note: tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!